• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kidney stones

Su2ie

Justwondering if any bypassers have had trouble with kidney stones??

I've been having quite a bit of pain the last few days that reminds me of the pain I had with kidney stones and from what I've read the risk of this is increased after bypass. So wondering if anyone has any ideas?

I didn't know about kidney stones. I take medication currently to prevent gall stones and have to take them until I'm 6 months post op from my sleeve. Not had any infor regarding kidney stones though.

I also take stuff to prevent gall stones and hadn't had any info on kidney stones. But I've had them before and the pain was like this, I looked up kidney stones on the nhs website and one of the causes listed is bypass surgery and calcium supplements. I then made the fatal mistake of googling it and found studies that show a link and now I'm paranoid!!

Ah ok, so am guessing the link is the calcium. Certainly some thing to look out for.

I've been having pains for the last two weeks, started in my back left side, (thought it was a water infection ) it wasn't , then pain went in the space of two days to under breast bone, where my scar is! Doc took blood on Xmas Eve, said it could be acid or gall bladder trouble, on pills for acid , not getting acid in mouth or any taste of it?
Pain is a bit better, but I can feel my vitamin pills going down and fluids .

The woman in the bed next to me last week had kidney stones but they said it wasn't related at all to her bypass surgery. It's just one of those things. She said she didn't drink much water it was mainly coffee apparently that can cause them and if you're on a high dairy diet too. So definitely something with calcium i would think!

x

Back