• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

12months out and really hungry

Meggie moo

The end of this month will be my 1 year anniversary, I started off 16stone 3lb and now weigh 12 stone 3lb - really pleased with the 4 stone loss but haven't lost a thing since early May! I have some restriction as food sometimes gets stuck (maybe eating too fast not chewing enough) I had a fill mid June taking me up to 7.25 in 10ml band - but not lost anything and the last couple of days feeling so hungry between meals! I had weetabix minis 40g dry for breakfast at 7:30 this morning and by 10 so hungry - what's going on I've not once in the 12 months felt this hungry before? I've booked another fill but it's in 5 weeks time! Any Advice guys?

I would say that you're just due a fill if the hunger is new and that previously you haven't felt hungry - it seems that the restriction has just eased a bit, or as was pointed out to me, I am also relaxing too much on the eating score.

Also, weetabix is classed as a "slider" because of it being with milk etc -have you tried moving to a cereal or breakfast which isn't to help you until you get your fill? Are you not able to get in before? Or do they do a waiting list if they are full? My provider does a standby list for this

But I'm just over 12 months out and still havent got to a level of restriction where my hunger goes. I finally spoke to my provider this week and said how hard it is, to be this far out and to have felt hunger for over 12 months lol

Just to say with mine, I eat a meal and I will still feel hunger - I cannot remember the last time (apart from recent holiday!) when I ate a meal and felt at least not hungry, certainly not full. And that is why on holiday I also put on 11lb! Because it was a real eye opener to me, just how much restriction I do not have with my band.

As it is, my fills are being reviewed, but I've also had big spaces between them, my last one was beginning of June and I had a small one last week and we think that has perhaps been a contributing factor.

Thanks Kat - hopefully it is just the need for a fill - panicked as never had this level of hunger ? I never have milk on the weetabix as I don't like it soggy, but will give your suggestions a try see if that makes any difference.

I hear what your saying about being more relaxed about my eating as time goes by - I too gained on holiday but soon shifted it but no more!

I tend to give it at least 3 months between fills if I can - the date in Oct is one that suited me could probably have gotten in earlier if I needed too.

Can't begin to understand just admire how much you have achieved without any true restriction.

Hi Meggie Moo

Your very wise to leave a longish gap between fills, being too tight has got to be worse than not enough!

It could be that as you have lost weight the fat around your stomach has shrunk, making the band loser.

I have always felt hunger but not inbetween meals.

Just go back to basics until your appointment and make sure your drinking enough water x

I tend to give it at least 3 months between fills if I can - the date in Oct is one that suited me could probably have gotten in earlier if I needed too.

This is what I have been doing, but it was my provider who explained to me that when you're at a point of finding the right level of restriction that its important that you then don't leave it too long to get a fill when you begin to feel you need one, as smaller and often can sometimes help you to find the sweet spot at a lower level of fluid than if you leave it too long.

I didn't actually think of it that way until they pointed it out, but having left it for a long time and now just having had a small fill, they said that had I had one after 8 weeks or so, my sweet spot may have kicked in with that fill instead of needing this one and still not being there. . .this is why Im now booked in for one, 2 weeks after the one I've just had, to see if it makes a difference.

This is what I have been doing, but it was my provider who explained to me that when you're at a point of finding the right level of restriction that its important that you then don't leave it too long to get a fill when you begin to feel you need one, as smaller and often can sometimes help you to find the sweet spot at a lower level of fluid than if you leave it too long.

I didn't actually think of it that way until they pointed it out, but having left it for a long time and now just having had a small fill, they said that had I had one after 8 weeks or so, my sweet spot may have kicked in with that fill instead of needing this one and still not being there. . .this is why Im now booked in for one, 2 weeks after the one I've just had, to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks Kat - makes a lot of sense when close to hitting the sweet spot x

Back