• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

13 years and struggling

lyturt

Hi I've had a rollercoaster since my bypass 13 years ago I now have regained 2 stone and am struggling to loose it again. Any ideas greatly appreciated

Hi I've had a rollercoaster since my bypass 13 years ago I now have regained 2 stone and am struggling to loose it again. Any ideas greatly appreciated
Hi
I had the gastric sleeve op 11 years ago and I regained 3 stoned , which wasn’t that much considering I lost 11 stone , so it is normal don’t feel hard on yourself.
Maybe try to go back to basics , you have done it before you can do it again, yes the bypass helped but it was you that put in the sacrifices and hard work.
You got this xx

Hi

I had a sleeve 18 months ago and haven't lost much. But since Monday I started a 5 day pouch reset. I can post the details for u can Google it. It is just a bit of a detox and also it feels like it's kick started my restriction too. I have lost 5lb in the 4 days I have done soo far. And today 4th day still had my first solid food (chicken drum stick and 4 chicken niblets which were tiny) and it was hard to eat them. I took 45 mins to eat. I haven't been hungry since day 3. I have been able to drink more water.

It might b worth it to kick start ur loss. It's not a long term thing but sometimes u just need to see the scale move to get motivated.

Hope this helps. I'm struggling too but happy to support. Xx

I’ve put on 4 stone since my bypass 6 years ago.
I’m considering having a distal bypass privately.
I guess if you tried going back to basics and go back to purée soft phase but for me I get too hungry

I guess if you tried going back to basics and go back to purée soft phase but for me I get too hungry
I get hungry too tried pouch reset but got depressed how are you doing

I’m so sorry to here this Vicky, have you tried contacting your surgeon team?

I can only suggest contacting your team or maybe trying a pouch reset if you haven’t already done so

I am also struggling, its been almost 8 years since my gastric bypass surgery and the first few years were smooth. Recently, however, i am struggling to control eating chocolate and my appetite is increasing. I read somewhere that it could be lack of protein so I am upping y protein intake from today

Back