• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

16 days post op!

Dodsie

Hi everyone! Went back to the GP yesterday - still have an infection in the bottom half of my wound but at least another 4 staples have been removed.
I am now able to lay on my side for a short space of time (supporting my tummy with a pillow) - thats bliss as it is my natural sleeping position.
Cant say that I am feeling well yet but am aware of the amount of stuff I had done and a slight infection so I guess I am ok.
Still sticking to the post op diet like crazy though getting bored now. Will continue to stick with it and the time scales though as want to maximise the weight loss as well as give me time to heal.
Received a call from one of the nurses at St R's just checking how I was doing and if I needed any advice - lovely touch!
Do any of you know when/if I should think of protein supplements and if so which are best??

much love to you all xx:eek:

Hey Dodsie sos to hear you to have an infection hun, hope that gets better soon:) Did the hospital not give you any protein suppliements to take home, im on fortisip at the mo its not great but when diluted with milk its ok. Have you started your sloppies yet hun? makes a big difference and lights up your taste buds to:)
Good luck with things hun, take care and get plenty of rest:)

Sharon xx

Hiya hun! Welcome to the loosers bench! Sorry to hear your infected, however so long as your Doc is aware and you are looking after yourself Im sure you will be fine!
Protein supplements can be taken from day one as they are sloppy and always follow the advice of your surgical team! Keep to the programme they recommend and you will be a great looser!
Take Care

Sally xx

tx guys I appreciate the help.
No protein sups recommend on the diet plan so will go with that for now and ask at the check up - or maybe I will phone...................

Back