• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

17 days and still nothing....

hiya im at a brick wall.... 17days now and still havent lost a ounce, getting me down now had bypass 7th may and lost 3 stone 5lbs, had poist op check at hospital and dietician wasent worried says its normal :mad:.... HELP!!! XX

The fact you have already lost so much weight is probably contributing to lack of loss now. Please don't worry it will come off, just relax - if your nurse is happy then there's nothing to fret about.

I had a stage when I only lost 1/2lb, and that was by jiggling on the scales! If you are eating the right foods, especially the protein, then it will happen.

Oh Sue, that is it, you are the one! And here was me thinking i was the one it failed for...

Seriously now, come on girl. You've been around long enough to know that's not how it works. Our bodies will lose it as long as we follow the rules. You have already done fabulously well. Keep sticking to the rules and you will go to the ball xxxx

Hi there I put on eight pounds after my surgery on the seventh of April , I lost two stone pre op and have now lost nearly four (1pound to go) so six in total. I felt exactly the same as you, I thought I was the only person it did not work for and even questioned whether the operation had really been done.

It will come off, please dont loose heart. It's probably just your body getting used to a reduced amount of food and is keeping hold of all that it can but, it only does that for a short while x

hi its happening to me also, im trying to be patient and not weight myself all the time its hard but it will happen xx

hiya im at a brick wall.... 17days now and still havent lost a ounce, getting me down now had bypass 7th may and lost 3 stone 5lbs, had poist op check at hospital and dietician wasent worried says its normal :mad:.... HELP!!! XX

They are right, it is, worry not.

This is a familiar thread!

I've the same problem - 5 weeks out and have only lost 4lb in 3 weeks! managed to lose two and a half stone in 5 weeks pre-op and sometimes I get in my head that I was better off then - but then again I wasn't eating a thing and living on slimfast!

Everyone is saying it will pick up again so we have to keep the faith and believe it will!

At least I'm not reaching for a huge Dairy Milk bar like I would have done before being this fed up about it!

Chin up hun - we will get there!! xx

Back