• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st Fill Excited but also Scared!!!

caroline4013

I'm having my first fill tomorrow and I am really excited about it.....in the hope that I might begin to feel a little restriction!!!
However, I'm feeling slightly apprehensive as to how it will be done and how it won't be painful.........I have healed up so well - only a tiny scar, and I can't feel where my port is, so how will a nurse???
When the nurse came to discharge me after my op at DP she said she'd show me the photo that was taken of me when my band was fitted (apparrantly they now always take a photo which they refer to when doing fills instead of x rays now) but, she then couldn't find it in my notes.....so am concerned that my photo has been mislaid!
Could someone please put my mind at ease??

Sorry can't help but please keep us posted x have my first fill 1st october x

I went for my first fill today (unfortunately my bands flipped) but surgeon did inject me and mess around with my port for ages. It didn't hurt at all. It was just like a normal injection and once it's in u can feel anything. it's a bit weird but don't worry at all x

Rally sorry to hear about your port 'flipping' Linds......did they explain to you how this could have happened ........and what can they do about it? xxx

As I was banded by the same person I would imagine he performs the ops in a similar way and so the port would be in a similar place. About a 1 cm under your largest scar? Anyway lie flat on the floor leg stretched out straight, with two fingers feel around the area. If you can't feel anything pull your legs up slightly (apparently this moves your stomach up pushing your port up) and you maybe able to feel it. It feels like a hard lump. I wouldn't worry about the pictures they'll find it without it. Goodluck

Ive seen a few things on here where they have messed around a bit trying to find the port, if u have concerns speak to ur provider im sure they will do wot they can put ur mind at rest (hopefully) im not too worried as my hospital still do my 1st fill under xray guidance and take a picture from that for anymore i need! Lots of ppl say its just like the feel of a normal injection just a pin prick! Hope ur 1st fill goes well and u get a nice restriction from it to carry on loosing that weight : ) charlie xxx

What time is your fill Caroline? Is it a Dolan park?

I may bump into you then as I am likely to be discharged at ten. Good luck with the fill, if I don't x

Good luck today Caroline x

I may bump into you then as I am likely to be discharged at ten. Good luck with the fill, if I don't x

Hi michelle how do your op go yesterday? How you feeling?

Paula x

Wel I have small conical boobies like madonnas now :eek: in a bit of pain...more from the bindings than the op at the moment. It was a three hour op ... But I feel fine now apart from the pain, which tbh was not as bad as the band op. I am curious to see what they look like but it's a long journey for the implants and scaring to settle down ... That is my one downside of losing so much weight having to have the boobie lift ... Thinking positive though I may at 45 finally have had the perky boobies I should have had in my twenties ;) thank you for asking x

Wel I have small conical boobies like madonnas now :eek: in a bit of pain...more from the bindings than the op at the moment. It was a three hour op ... But I feel fine now apart from the pain, which tbh was not as bad as the band op. I am curious to see what they look like but it's a long journey for the implants and scaring to settle down ... That is my one downside of losing so much weight having to have the boobie lift ... Thinking positive though I may at 45 finally have had the perky boobies I should have had in my twenties ;) thank you for asking x

Strike a pose :)! Glad it all went well, I have a feeling that when I get to goal I'll be needing the same op :cry: so very interested to hear how things go. Perky boobies don't think I had them when I was a teen lol.

Fill went ok, went from a 2ml up to 4.5 ml, and fortunately already have my next appt booked for 17 days time!
Glad your op went well Michelle....what time did you leave in the end? How are you feeling now? x

Hi everyone. Michelle, glad your op went well, and as mentioned earlier "strike a pose!". Glad your fill was okay Caroline - I had my first fill today going from 5ml put in during op to 6.5ml. Fortunately all over in a couple of minutes without any problems. Feel fine and no problems. My next fill is on 4 October. Txxx

Hi Caroline hope you enjoyed Venice .... I am at 3ml and can't feel a thing:( no different... Has 4.5 had impact on you yet?? Xx

Venice was fab thanks, but ate and drank more than I should of!!! Glad to have had my fill today as I am really ready for some serious hard work to get slimmer in time for Christmas....have even booked myself a personal trainer starting next week! Not too sure about restriction yet as I have only had some soup so far today and don't feel hungry! Back 2 weeks on Tues for 2nd fill which I thought would be too soon but the nurse who did fill today said to hang on to the appt for dear life and that the reason why patients were told to come every 3/4 weeks was because of the sheer volume of people needing appointments for fills!!! xxx

Hi everyone. Michelle, glad your op went well, and as mentioned earlier "strike a pose!". Glad your fill was okay Caroline - I had my first fill today going from 5ml put in during op to 6.5ml. Fortunately all over in a couple of minutes without any problems. Feel fine and no problems. My next fill is on 4 October. Txxx

Tracey what size band did you have? You have quite a lot in your band considering it was your 1st fill........have you noticed must restriction yet? x

Tracey what size band did you have? You have quite a lot in your band considering it was your 1st fill........have you noticed must restriction yet? x
Hi Caroline - 14ml band fitted. Apparently Mr Sirguddson usually primes bands with a fill during surgery and he put 5ml into mine. Felt no restriction after healing - the last week has been willpower / calorie counting to keep to 1200 calories or thereabouts.

The nurse offered me 2 ml or 1.5ml and I took lower amount as I want to do this gently and not feel lots of restriction or have difficulty eating / drinking. I attend lots of meetings at work and travel a bit, so need to be comfortable and i know from this site that environmental and hormonal factors can increase how tight band feels. The nurse had 1.5ml in syringe then aspirated the 5ml from my band back into the syringe to show me how much was there, then injected all 6.5ml back in. Reassuring to know it was there and that all appears to be working as normal. Really pleased with procedure as i was quite nervous and worried they wouldnt find my port etc, etc.

I do feel some restriction now, although not painful in any way - couldn't finish slimfast shake last night - but just woke feeling hungry today. Odd thing is I am sneezing loads this morning - something Kat reported happened to her after her band was fitted. Perhaps just an oddity. How do you feel? Can you feel any restriction.

Hey Michelle, I did not know you were going in for an op, how are you? Are you feeling OK? Did all go well? I hope so, my prayers for a pain free, quick recovery are with you.

Back