• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need to lose half a stone by Monday *sob*

Jezabelle

Quitting is NOT an option
We came back from our Holiday last night and the 1st thing I did was look for the letter my son had read out to me on the phone!

Pre-op is deffo for Monday 8th Feb and Operation is set for 1st March (not the 4th Feb & 8th March as stated in the letter.. Dohh)

It says on the bottom of the letter: Your record weight at Consultation was 117kg with a BMI of 46 (I had already lost 2 stone for them before this). You are expected to lose between 5% to 10% of your weight, which equals 6-12kg before you operation!

This now means I have to lose the 6lb I put on whilst away before Monday and another 1 stone or more before the op. :(

Do you think by doing the liquid diet it would be more beneficial for a quick weight loss?? :confused:

Hard to say, if you do a liquid 800 ish a day cal diet for the next 3 days you may get somewhere close to that, given the first 6lb or so will be water retention anyway you may do it, has to be worth a try, its going to be a hellish weekend for you what ever you do.

Good luck

I've been drinking liquids so far today, one of those being a slimfast. Going to have a home made veg soup tonight which will total around 800 cals with the slimfast shakes.

I guess I will just have to see what they say at my pre op on Monday and hope they are ok with my weight concidering I have already lost 2 stone before I actually got to see the Consultant with the weight management clinic. x

I'd aim for even less cals than that if I was you.On my pre op it was cupa soup sieved, sugar free jelly n water , or tea n coffee without milk:eek:Good luck hun x:D

You have your pre-op on Monday but you need to lose the amount before your op. If you are a pound or two under the 6lbs it is not important and the rest can be lost easily, as you have newly-gained weight

Personally i'd just blagg it and say that there scales are different to yours at home and yours say your 6lb lighter ;-)

Personally i'd just blagg it and say that there scales are different to yours at home and yours say your 6lb lighter ;-)

Haha... I wish :D

Well so far i've had a slimfast, 2 large mugs of coffee, pint of diet coke and a orrange... Going to have home made soup for tea.

oh wow that seems really unfair, i'd say that you have been away as well. Good luck hope you get the 6lbs off..if not i agree blag lol xx

Before i went for my weigh in to get on the waiting list i had to lose 5lb over a weekend i too did the liquid diet and did an hour a day on a glider like a sking type of machine and on the day weighed in the spot on weight to go on the list , but think it was nerves more than anything as my nurse was very strict and had said put on more than 6lb and your off the list! good luck with it hun sure the odd 1lb wont cause too much trouble as you have done so well before hand x

Sorry about this Julie. This is how it was explained to me for Heartlands as well. I had to lose 5-10% to be referred to the consultant and then Mr Kumar said I would have had to lose an additional 5-10% before the operation.

Just get as close to the 6 pounds as possible by Monday and then be really strict leading up to the op, which will help you immediately after the op.

Good luck hon. You will do amazingly well.

Oh god I am starving!!!

I weighed myself this morning and it seems I have lost just over 3lbs since Thursday night. I really hope I hit the same or get below the weight when I last got weighed at the hospital. I can then concentrate on the next 1 stone or more before the op on the 1st March.

They havn't given me the full 6 weeks to lose this extra weight and I will tell them on Monday that I received the letter on Thursday when I got home from my holiday. They never told me on the phone to start my pre-op diet either. I even emailed the co-ordinator when my son told me about all the mix up with dates, I also asked when should I start the pre-op and she never replied back! Lack of comunication.

Thank you everyone. x

Drink loads of warm water with fresh lemons boiled in it,it will flush you out and have you peeing for England!Maz x

Jez - post up your weight monday morning when you weight yourself as i'm interested to see if this has worked and how close you are to the 6lb lose !

Do remember though that this weight will probably only be liquid retention and as such not real weight lose, your doing this to trick them into thinking you have lost the weight, and you'll need to be very careful not to regain that weight as you re introduce food again.

Good luck :)

Julie, first off i hope you lose the six pounds...

I would be perfectly honest with them and explain about the cock up with the letter, the lack of response from the co-ordinator person and then explain exactly all of the effort you have put in before your holiday and since you came home.

Let us know how you get on and i really hope the scales smile at you tomorrow xxx

Ouch. sounds like you've had a tough weekend. Knowing my luck I'd lose the weight then get my period the day of the appointment. I can easily gain half a stone at my time of the month.

Hope you managed to lose the weight you needed!! Good luck with the appointment!! Hope it goes well...........keep us posted!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning everyone :)

I've just weighed myself 118.7kg (1.7kg heavier) so I didn't make it to the weight that I was when I was last weighed at Heartlands.

I hope their scales weigh me lighter in clinic! :p

I will just have to wait and see what they say now this afternoon. :cry:

Back