• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Revise goal or not?

slimmerkay

I was thinking today that I probably wont get much slimmer than a size 14/16 - say about 13 stone.

Now I would be MORE than happy with that. I'd be ecstatic!

So the question is, do I revise my goal to 13 stone, or leave it at 10st 8lb, or go for something in between?

Any thoughts?

I've reached my goal of 15 stone but I'm certainly not totally happy. I though I would be but I know there's more that I can do!

I'd wait and see. I suspect my goal is set way too low but I'll see nearer the time.

I agree with everyone else...you are still quite early post-bypass yet, I would wait & see how you feel when you get a bit closer to the 13 stone mark...you may find yourself quite happy there & have no desire to lose any more weight. However, once there, you may wish to push yourself a little further, but I'd advise doing it in smaller steps once you've got to 13 stone, as it makes it seem more achievable xxx

My goal was 10 1/2 stone off - 2lbs a week in the 18 month golden window for a DS

I've lost 13 1/2 st - and now hanker after the last half a stone to BMI 25 and 200 lbs off

Never in several months of Sundays did I think I'd EVER say that!!

I'd alter your goals as you achieve them

Love xxx

Arm black and blue where I keep pinching it!!

If you'd told me I'd be here - I'd have been in fits of hysterical laughter!!

Going to see my mum tomorrow - not seen them since Christmas - she'll bring me down to earth because she will NOT mention my weight whatsoever!!

xxx

Plod on and let your body do the talking, good luck with it xx

I think our goals probably depend on how we look and feel. I set mine at what I thought was a 'realistic' for me level. I have decided though that if I get to a point where I feel I am healthy and happy with how I look and feel that should probably be my goal. It is all very well to want a BMI of 20 - 22 but we may not look good at that level. To be honest every one of us on here will probably be 10 times healthier than we were even if we reduce our BMI to 25 - 30 so perhaps how we feel in ourselves should be our real guide.

Much as I would like the body of a twenty something model that is just not going to happen . . and anyway if it did my face certainly would not match it!!:8855: (I dont want to scare people when I turn round!!)

Oops sorry posted this twice by accident so deleted this one!

im just gonna wait till i get to my goal, but i have a sneaky suspician i will be able to lower it a bit, only by a few pounds, but ill wait and see. you just dont know how your gonna look and feel when you get there till your there. big hugs karen, xxx

Well to get to my estimated goal via the surgery I only have to lose another 8lbs and when I started my journey I would of been over the moon with that. I would still be happy if that was all I could do, but I now feel I could lose at least another 2 stone. My ideal weight which would bring me into a very healthy BMI would be 10 stone, but I am adjusting things as I go.

I think you should adjust you weight on the way until you feel happy with how you are.

Thanks everyone.

I've decided to change my goal back to my original 12 stone instead of 10st 8lb. I just feel that if my weight loss slows down (which it likely will) I will feel my goal is unattainable and then get down about it.

I can always revise it again as I begin to reach 12 stone.

Thanks everyone.

I've decided to change my goal back to my original 12 stone instead of 10st 8lb. I just feel that if my weight loss slows down (which it likely will) I will feel my goal is unattainable and then get down about it.

I can always revise it again as I begin to reach 12 stone.

Goals are something to aim for, they should always be stretching but realistic. It's too soon for you to set your absolute goal with any great accuracy

You should remember that the surgery will get rid of around 70% of your excess fat. So if a "Normal" weight for someone your frame and size is say your goal of 168 then you would have had 84 lbs to lose.

The surgery would take care of 70% say 59 lbs so the remaining 25 lbs would be down to you and your new eating and exercise regime. That's the theory anyway.

You should give yourself realistic short term goals along the way. Keep your eye on the big picture but try to achieve these short term goals each month and if you do the rest will take care of itself.

Its too early to be increasing your target because as the others have said your body will largely decide where it want to end up. You can only follow the rules and hold on to your arse for dear life because it can be a heck of a ride LOL

My end goal was 196 pounds and yet I dropped down to 165 lbs. I have been trying to get back to 180 with my ultimate goal now at 200 lbs but with a body fat percentage of less than 10%. That might be a bridge too far but heck one can dream LOL

So you need a mix of short and long term goals and your end goal should be realistic but stretching, maybe 168 lbs is not possible for you, maybe you'll end up below that who knows at this stage?

Good luck you are doing just great so far honey x

Back