• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st post op appand 1st fill

thinkbethin

Went to my first post op appointment to day and saw dietician. Did'nt get to see surgeon to ask why I was taken back to theatre but did get my 1st fill so I'm happeeeee!!! I have got 5mls in a 9ml band so hopefully the weight loss will start again.I thought it might hurt but NO it did'nt so if I need another I'm up for it lol

You really feel like you have started your journey once you have a fill don't you? I felt like I was doing it by myself until then. Has spag bol for tea and could only manage a quarter of it and felt stuffed.

Good luck after your fill, I have mine in 2 weeks.

Hi Gaynor

it's reassuring to hear that the fill doesn't hurt...I've got my xray and first fill next Wednesday :eek:

Hi Gaynor

it's reassuring to hear that the fill doesn't hurt...I've got my xray and first fill next Wednesday :eek:

Yvonne I had mine done under x-ray too. They aneathetised the area with alittle injection that does'nt hurt and then all you feel is a little push. Once the needles in they place a "tap"on the end and start to do the fill. You do have to have a barium drink for the radiologist to watch on screen as it goes down. I watched it too and was quite impressed lol

woooo hoooo gaynor lets hope you get good restriction from it xxx

Liz I think its already there lol. Just took me 30mins to drink my tea lol. I did a fish in butter sauce for my tea, mushed it really well so it was sloppy and I only ate about half and you know how small they are (boil in bag). Last week I would have had a full one with some mash and veggies so its looking good so far lol

hhhmm yes u will deffo feel it gaynor as 5 mils is a rather large fill for the 1st 1 just be carefull and chew ya nosh well x

gaynor you will get used to it any probs just ask me ok x

hi glad to hear you have had your first fill, it doesnt hurt at all does it?!! its great to see it all happening on xray! hope you have a good restirication. i am going for my second one in 2 weeks (4 weeks after my first!) take care xx

I know how you feel. I got 6ml in my for first fill. I could see on the xray that 5ml gave me no restriction at all.

The one thing I keep forgetting is that I can eat normal food again. when I think about what to do to eat I keep thinking I need to do something sloppy!! When in fact you need to stick to dry food as much as poss once you have passed the puree phase after a fill.

Hi Gaynor, well done on your first fill.

I have mine next Friday. Do you know do you always have an x-ray with it. I had the barium swallow last week to check all was well. Not sure if I need another with the fill.

Relieved to hear its not painfull .

Should really start the weightloss for you now...good luck with it.

Back