• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st Post Op Appointment at Heartlands Hosp Today!

Jezabelle

Quitting is NOT an option
I'm having my post op appointment today at Heartlands Hospital and next Tuesday I am going for my 1st Band fill... Can't wait :D

My Band was fitted 7 weeks ago today. :) I've no restriction so the band fill can't come soon enough. Still sticking to a nice healthy eating regime.

Hope to find out today if my band is a small or large one, the nurses couldn't tell me after the op as there was notes about the size of it in my notes. :confused: My appliance card says small but wondered if that meant the port. Oh well if I don't find out today I will find out next Tuesday at my band fill.

xx

good luck hun, small is usaully a 9-10mil band & large generally a 14mil, good luck x

Hi Julie

Posted good luck in your diary too x I couldnt wait to find out what size my band was and if there was anything in it lol. Well there wasnt and its a 9mil Swedish band, which I named Ulrika!

Good luck for your first fill too, will it be an xray one?

Maz x

all the best girl
keep up the healthy eating and i,m sure the pounds wil start falling good luck
regards steve

Hi Julie

Posted good luck in your diary too x I couldnt wait to find out what size my band was and if there was anything in it lol. Well there wasnt and its a 9mil Swedish band, which I named Ulrika!

Good luck for your first fill too, will it be an xray one?

Maz x

Good luck Julie, bet you can't wait for the first fill...

Maz you have made me laugh with your Ulrika band, loving it lol xx

Hi Julie, let me know how you got on, I had an app. for 10th May for my first check up since op (8 weeks later not 6, as busy and easter inbetween) but had chat over phone with Adrian this morning and now don't have to attend clinic and he will be arranging my 1st band fill for around 8 weeks (3 weeks to go) cant come soon enough as like you dont have much restriction but am keeping to good diet and sticking to 6 tbs even though could eat more! Take care x

Appointment went well, they are pleased with my weight loss so far. My post op was 7 weeks after my Band being fitted.

My Band fill is going ahead for next Tuesday, Adrian got this for me because i'm going on holiday on the 18th May and wanted a fill before I went, also wanted it settled so I don't have any problems whilst away for the month abroad. If i'd of left it it wouldn't have been for at least another 2 to 3 weeks as they request them once you've been seen in clinic for your post op app.

Cindy, I eat a hell of alot more than 6 tbsp, I can and do eat anything and Sue the dietician said that's good, she want's me to be able to tollerate all diff foods in moderation. Your supposed to be eating around 1000 calories a day. When I have my band fill I will then only be eating a few teaspoons of food.

I also found out my Band is a small 10ml one :D

Hi Julie, Adrian said to aim for around 800 cals aday, went through all I was eating and am eating a good variation and can tollerate all that have had so far, not once brought anything up or got stuck etc. He was happy with all but I did say I was starting to snack and didnt want it to get out of hand so agrees I need to have my fill. Lets hope its not too long to wait. x

Back