• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2.5 weeks post op and not lost weight...is this normal

marie1000

Hi

I got my surgery 2.5 weeks ago and have not lost any weight.
I don't feel that full when I have pureed food. I don't get my band filled till another 2 weeks.

Is this normal? will I feel ALOT fuller when I have my fill?

im really worried it hasn't worked

thanks

Hi, I have not yet had a band, but I will be having mine on the 10th of June. However, from what I have read, it is normal not to loss weight at this stage for it is important for your swellings to heal and when u have ur first fills then u can start having restrictions and losing more weight. Anyways best of luck and sure to get more tips from u as u progress.

Hi

I got my surgery 2.5 weeks ago and have not lost any weight.
I don't feel that full when I have pureed food. I don't get my band filled till another 2 weeks.

Is this normal? will I feel ALOT fuller when I have my fill?

im really worried it hasn't worked

thanks

Hi, I have had my band for about 2.5 weeks and I too am not losing any weight, I think, if I am correct that we will feel hungry and not full as we have no restriction, I am sure there will be an experienced bander along shortly to re-assure us but I think this is the tricky stage where you have your pre-existing appetite but have to try and control the amount you eat, I am hoping that when I get my first fill it will hopefully become a little easier!

gems x

I had the exact same, some of the experienced banders and my provider said relax and just follow your guidelines and it will happen and guess what.... it did :)

Since starting pre op diet at the end if January the only time I have put weight on was a couple of weeks post op when I put on 2lb! I knew that I was doing all the right things and not being naughty at all and that the weight would eventually start moving downwards. Give your body the chance to work out what is happening to it and you will be rewarded.

Marie, how are you doing?

If you didnt have anything put into the band at the time of surgery, or if it was minimal, the amount of restriction at this point will be limited, there will be some difference but at around this time post op, when the swelling etc is going down, things in terms of hunger etc will return

It is also common that weight loss at this time will be minimal but once you start working towards and with the band in restriction and in your choices then it will kick in. It can take you a while to get restriction, I didn't have any until my 4th fill which was just over 6 months post op, but through choices of what I ate, limiting carbs, maximising protein it enabled the weight loss to begin.

Hopefully you should now be moving (or soon to be) over to "normal" food, its at this time that you can make choices of having drier, crunchier foods which work well with the band, and keep you feeling fuller for longer :)

Hi Marie

I am also 2.5 weeks post op to and I only lost half of a pound. I only lost 12 pounds on the pre op diet.
I read all the stuff warning that you won't loose before your first fill, but it is disappointing especially when you think how little you are eating!!

Just because I know I shouldn't expect weight loss doesn't mean I have to like it!

You will get there.. it's not a quick fix.I've had my band in 2 years now and it takes a while to get the right restriction.. I've still got a long way to go.. its a journey!! Xx good luck xx

I've had my band in nearly 5 weeks and only lost 7LBS but I'm having my 1st fill on Sunday, I know my body shape has changed although my weight loss is slow, it's ok tho as I know month by month we will shrink .... Keep the faith!!!!

thanks for all your comments, im really nervous as get my first fill on Thursday and haven't lost anything. when I saw Wendy last time she wasn't very nice and I felt totally humiliated they way they made me feel for not loosing weight. I have cut back however still nibble on things throughout the day
I appreciate all of your helpful comments

Back