• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks till op and have lymphodema

hi everyone im getting a little worried about the op now as the days become closer, ive done the slim fast diet for the last 3 weeks and have only lost 3kg so totaly hacked of as i need to loose alot more for the operation to take place, i started the milk diet to soon after the hops sectary miss informend me, and was told by bariatric nurse to do slim fast, my clothes feel so much looser but the scales dont seem to show it, do u think or have any body else whos had lymphodema this may be the reason as we store fluid due to the lymphnodes not working, getting a bit deperate now and worried he wont operate on me xx:cry:

Hi Sue, have you been told how much weight you have to lose before the op. Most of the time we just need to follow the diet to shrink our liver and not to lose the weight. Obviously that depends on what your surgeon has said. I'm sure if you've followed the diet then your liver will have shrunk and you'll be fine.
x

I presume your surgeon knows all about the lymphodema? In which case he'll understand how it prevents you from losing as much as other people. Don't fret hon. I think that as long as you're not gaining weight there is no reason why he wouldn't go ahead.

Back