• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So frustrated! Please advise!

I didn't lose much those first three weeks either. Those weeks are mainly for healing, letting your stomach and abs get better. I've started losing I more since and I defiinitely notice that if I have less than 1000 kcals I don't lose weight. I'm not eating particularly low-carb either simply because I can't cook at home so it's ready meals for me. I'd probably be losing more if I did but oh well, it's not a race, we're in it for the long run :) and slow loss gives skin more time to adjust.

Defo ur calories are very low I lost hardly any weight when I'm a 1000 or just under but upping my calories too 1200 means I see a lot more weight coming off , but I quite active, try upping ur cals and see what happens good luck xxx

Thanks everyone. I'm even starting to eat fish which I don't like in order to get protein :-/ I'm not hungry and drinking lots. I could mash anything with a fork if I tries hard enough :) x

Hi Lola,

I get mine from the (click the link below) as its the cheapest in the uk and they even sell samples so you can see if you like it first without spending a fortune. I mix mine in a blender and hardly feel any hunger pangs. If you need any assistance in how I use it pm me. I hope this helps you to really kick start your weight loss.

If you do order any from them recommend by name as I'll then get reward points for introducing you. My full name is Victoria Bailey.

Victoria x

Impact Whey Isolate from Myprotein

Last edited:
Thanks. I think I'll give that a try as I can only eat mince for three months so mince and eggs are my main protein. Plus the bit of fish that I force in. I'm really not hungry. Only got hungry one day so that's great. I'm going to try to make sure I get 1000 cals x

Just be mindful we are all different hun. Where someone needs 1200 cals likes of me has only ever had 800! It's alot of trial and error. Also be careful as it is different from op to op too.
Have you googled high protein foods, there's a mass of info on the good old Internet. As for meat then it's best starting off with wafer thin meats, before building up to roast chicken chunks :)
To be honest I didn't worry too much about the high protein until I got onto solids. Guess what I'm saying is go with the flow as it won't be long before you're chomping on a chicken.
Have you tried tin of tuna, with some very low fat mayo? That gives me a good protein shot :) x

Hi Lola,

I get mine from the (click the link below) as its the cheapest in the uk and they even sell samples so you can see if you like it first without spending a fortune. I mix mine in a blender and hardly feel any hunger pangs. If you need any assistance in how I use it pm me. I hope this helps you to really kick start your weight loss.

If you do order any from them recommend by name as I'll then get reward points for introducing you. My full name is Victoria Bailey.

Victoria x

Impact Whey Isolate from Myprotein

Hi Victoria, thx for this good advice. I have a real problem getting protein into my body in any real valuable quantities. I have meat intolerances & actually don't like the taste. I try my best with fish. I also find I just can't eat the volume with my sleeve. I am neve hungry. Don't get me wrong not omplaining, love my sleeve & lost just over 6 1/2stones 4 months post op. I discussed supplementing my diet with whey protein with my dietician & she was not in favour of me doing this as she wanted me to get it from foods. I am still struggling with reaching my protein quota so I'm going to take your advice. I think it may stop me stressing out about it all & get me on track. However one question please - how long can I stay on it & in the mid to longer term would we be doing any harm to our sleeves/bodies. I have weetabix or porridge for brekkie with milk. PS please send your Myprotein code for me to let you have your reward points. Thx a million.

Personaly I wouldnt bother going to the expense of buying protein shakes. You are only on the mushy stage a short while and it sounds like you are including a good mix of foods in your mush lol.

When you return to eating 'normal' foods you can make sure you take plenty of protein in. As Jo said there are hundreds of lists on the tinterweb but I'm sure your dietician will help out too.

Protein supplements or drinks are not vital at all for us banders as we absorb everything we eat so we dont have an 'at least' grams of protein to get through.

Protein is very important but so is a healthy mix of other foods which will make things a whole lot easier (to stick to and to enjoy) as your new way of eating.

Hi Victoria, thx for this good advice. I have a real problem getting protein into my body in any real valuable quantities. I have meat intolerances & actually don't like the taste. I try my best with fish. I also find I just can't eat the volume with my sleeve. I am neve hungry. Don't get me wrong not omplaining, love my sleeve & lost just over 6 1/2stones 4 months post op. I discussed supplementing my diet with whey protein with my dietician & she was not in favour of me doing this as she wanted me to get it from foods. I am still struggling with reaching my protein quota so I'm going to take your advice. I think it may stop me stressing out about it all & get me on track. However one question please - how long can I stay on it & in the mid to longer term would we be doing any harm to our sleeves/bodies. I have weetabix or porridge for brekkie with milk. PS please send your Myprotein code for me to let you have your reward points. Thx a million.

Hi

I dont eat meat either, have you tried quorn? you can use it in all sorts of recipies - high in protein and low fat.

Can I ask that the swapping of codes etc is kept to private messaging :cool:

Oh yes sorry shouldn't have asked for that in public. Sorry Victoria - please PM me.
Yes Mazza thx. used to eat a lot of Quorn but you need to eat 100g to get 12-13g protein which is about a 1/3 of a pack & I don't seem to be able to eat that much. I found that I managed 2 slices of extra lean corned beef the other day 23g protein & very little volume. But due to the meat intolerance I can't do that very often. Will re-look at Quorn products.

Still haven't lost any weight. Getting really fed up now. This is when I wonder what have I done?!?!
Breakfast-avocado, boiled egg, spinach
Lunch- 2 large lettuce leaves with humous, spinach
Dinner-slimming world style veggie quiche (peppers,courgette,onion,spinach,tomatoes,lf cottage cheese and egg) and a Harley's 10 cal jelly.
So far I'm up to 900 calories and I'm going to have a weetabix for supper and a hot chocolate ala options.
So what am I doing wrong?!?! I've not been blending mars bars or anything stupid. Not been starving myself, not hungry, I'm worried that having my first fill which is weeks ago won't make any difference because I'm already eating small portions, any smaller and I will be starving myself and not getting enough calories. :-( feeling really hacked off today. I think the surgeon accidentally left his heavy tools inside of me and that's what's weighing me down :-( will find out when I go through airport security in a couple of weeks. Helppppppp. I know its only been just over a couple of weeks but come on!!!! My weight stayed stable when I ate huge plates of lovely tasty food before. Sorry for whinging. Just can't see what I'm doing wrong. The carbs aren't high, nothing that sugary. Roll on my call with the dietician. I called yesterday and asked for them to call me back. Nothing as of yet. X

Lola I'm sorry your not losing maybe upping your excercise I no with me if I don't excercise a lot I don't lose no matter how little I eat .
I never eat to much before and I never eat a lot of sweet stuff but if I don't sweat excercise I don't lose.

I've been walking loads. Out with our dog and at work parked my car mile from work (not because I was trying to be good, I got lost in the city centre!) just got back from a walk with the dog. And have sweat plenty the last two days have been roasting :) I'm sure it's just a stall and will start moving soon. Hard to stay motivated when nothing is happening. That said I've started bleeding a bit so may be retaining some pre menstrual fluids. This is great news for me as I have pcos and don't often have impromptu periods :) so that's a positive from my weight loss so far if it kick starts periods I have more chance of getting pregnant in a year x

I will have to make sure I don't have too many eggs or avocado though. I can never figure out the avocado situation. They have fat in them. But then people say they are good fats. And it's a vegetable. Or is it a fruit? Either way I didn't eat it dipped in chocolate so feel this stall is unjustified! Boooo. This means I'll have a good month next month instead when my body catches up with the changes :)

Lola its only 2 days from your first post of this thread! Hard as it may be the stall could last for a week or even two....try and hold your nerve (may help your sanity!) I know you want it dropping off you..,.and it will...but all in good time when it's ready! You've not made a mistake trust me. Can you manage weighing once a week perhaps?? X

Hi jo, I know I am impatient! But even one pound off would cheer me up. I don't think I could manage once a week, I was trying to talk myself into that this morning but was just hoping and praying one measly pound had sweated off through the night :-/ I'll try to stop worrying till Monday though. Promise! Also you know you were telling me how to look for my port, I did as you said but nothing popped up, but today I noticed a slight puckering in my skin where I thought It was, where the bruise is, is that how a port can look? It does feel hard in there, but like I said I'm hoping the surgeon left a utensil weighing three or four pound in there :) could be that! X

Lol! Not sure about a puckering! As your swelling goes if you hold your breath and tense your belly hard you should feel it, won't be long but heal first :) it will come off all in good time, I stalled at 2 week out but then had bigger loss after! Sometimes out bodies just want time to come out of shock! It's thinking where's my food! You've starved your poor body lol :)

Sorry for whinging and being impatient :-/ I just thought this surgery and cutting my calories in more than half would have a better effect. I'll get there I'm sure. Thanks for the motivational talk! :) I look forward to the day I don't weigh myself everyday :) x

Back