• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So frustrated! Please advise!

lolalou

HI,
I'm two weeks today postoperative, and have only lost two pound!!! Ive stuck rigidly to the liquid diet, slim fast, or home made low fat just veg soups. TWO POUND?!?! TWO WEEKS!?!?
I read about people not losing much immediately afterwards. But at this rate was this op really for me?
I know it's two pound in the right direction but I'm so down and disappointed about it all right now. I'm getting out walking, drinking as much as I can, I'm back in soft foods now and worried I will just put weight on even though I am on tiny portions of healthy food.
Boo hiss sulk.

Did anyone else go through the same? X

Are you getting enough to drink huni I know im pre op so cant advise that much but I have seen alot of posts about it, .your body is probably fighting against you alittle to because you have put it In shock I bet you will start to get the more off very soon just keep going huni xxxx

Hi Toni, I am drinking plenty, my partner said its probably fluid retention, can't blooming win! I probably wasn't drinking so much in the early days, and definitely didn't drink enough pre op but I've taken to measuring out my days fluids, adding sf cordial and putting it in the fridge and trying to drink it all that day. Just feels so disappointing,this is one of the reasons why I didn't hardly tell anyone as I bet they would all be looking saying ooh look shes not losing much weight. I know it's nothing to do with anyone else,but I hate being watched and talked about. I've definitely gone down in dress size but the weight must just be moving somewhere. :-/ good luck with your op, when is it?x

Well sometimes people lose inches instead of weight some weeks but yeah could fluid retention, im sure when your body settles down you will have great losses, I know its disheartening though ..... Im on the waiting list so anytime in the next 2 months ... Eeekkk xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, I didn't expect miracles but a bit faster than this considering how little I have been having! Ooh that's exciting! On the next two months! I am glad I had it done that's for sure, it will stop the binges, and hopefully I will never be as big as I was. Well watch this space! Determined to lose more this week! X

Aw don't be nervous (easier said than done) I know mine is a different op as I'm a band but it's all worth it, even when I was in pain I didn't feel down because I knew it would get better. And even though I'm sulking now I know I'll lose weight one day! X

Unless you are taking in enough calories your body will be clinging onto those pounds.

Its all about finding the ultimate calories in to lose, no more no less.

For me that was between 1,000 and 1,200. Any more I stalled any less I did too.

It sounds to me that for you it maybe to little too xx

True. I find I don't eat enough & then weight loss stalls.

lolalou said:
Aw don't be nervous (easier said than done) I know mine is a different op as I'm a band but it's all worth it, even when I was in pain I didn't feel down because I knew it would get better. And even though I'm sulking now I know I'll lose weight one day! X

Thank you huni and yeah your aloud to sulk huni but you will get there, as will I :p we will be who we want to be xxx

Ooh thanks. I'm trying to be at 1000 cals a day. Must try harder! X
some of the research post op is conflicting as i have read on several websites that for the first few months you need to have 600 calories a day which is what i am doing( plus a least 2 litres fluids), i have had a Wrap so it may be different for the band. I am NOT saying my information is 100% but have a look on the web xxx

terri.c said:
some of the research post op is conflicting as i have read on several websites that for the first few months you need to have 600 calories a day which is what i am doing( plus a least 2 litres fluids), i have had a Wrap so it may be different for the band. I am NOT saying my information is 100% but have a look on the web xxx

Thanks terri, I think I'll carry on as I am which has been between 700 and 1000 and speak to my dietician when they ring, I've no fill at all in my band and think any less will struggle to fill me at the moment. And drinking two litres is really hard!!!! I am trying but keep click watching as I just took a drink then without thinking an now daren't eat for another hour!! This is taking some thinking about :) how are you terri anyway? X

Thanks terri, I think I'll carry on as I am which has been between 700 and 1000 and speak to my dietician when they ring, I've no fill at all in my band and think any less will struggle to fill me at the moment. And drinking two litres is really hard!!!! I am trying but keep click watching as I just took a drink then without thinking an now daren't eat for another hour!! This is taking some thinking about :) how are you terri anyway? X

No dont go lower, your body will go into starvation mode for sure :eek:

You are doing the right thing speaking to your dietician. They are the proffessionals after all. x

i am fine thanks hun. a bit bored as still off work!! hopefully go back next week, and like everyone i suppose, i am dreaming of a slimmer life!
Hang on in there hun and in no time the pounds will drop off x

Hi Lola,

I have lost 17lbs pre op and a further 7lbs since the op 6 days ago. Seams to me that you are trying to control your diet to strictly. How many cals in your homemade soups?

The diet I've been on and still am but in liquid faze (sleeve op) at the moment as advised by my provider Cosmetic bliss Dr Ceirny is high protein -low carb.

I intake at least 2x30g whey protein isolate protein drinks per day ( i mix with water and sometimes milk 100 or 250cals if taken with milk). Then prior to op one meal of high protein salmon/chicken breast and egg with salad or green veg. I drink at least 2L of water/tea a day. All this works out at about 900 cals.

I've recently started to add a raw egg into my blender when making my protein drink to up the cals intake to about 1000 cals a day.

I exercise by either walking or riding my bike. What is your exercise routine? As exercise is vital sitting watching the telly doesn't work. (sorry if I'm blunt but some people think the surgery will do it on its own it won't. It is only a tool to help you with weight loss)

You also need to fill out your profile more indepth as we all have nothing to hide on here.

My post my seam critical of you but tough love works.

Victoria x

Sorry I should of added I know your a bander so get preparing yourself ready for when your on restriction. Victoria. x

Hi Victoria,
I've only used this site on my phone,will have to have a look on my laptop to try and fill out my profile better.
I get about 1000 calories a day, maybe a little under, but I've only just started back on mushy food, the thing I am finding is im not getting enough protein because I can't eat meat yet and don't want to have too many eggs, will have to wait and see what the dietician says. I'm getting plenty of excersise as we have a dog :) I don't know if having protein is an essential part of losing weight or to cut down on the carbs. I was on weight watchers soups and homemade tomato chilli and pepper soups, now im allowed mushy food I'm not touching soups, the post op diet has sickened me off the texture of soup! I'm not hungry yet so I'm not overeating my portions, I use fitness pal to keep a check on what I'm having, but think I need some guidance from the dietician to help speed things up, they recommend doing slim fast on the post op diet and I did a lot of that so maybe that's been one of the problems as that has carbs which are mainly sugars, I asked about that and they said they prefer us to heal the two weeks after then start to lose the weight, maybe I'm being too impatient, it's just hard not to feel frustrated after a major op like that.
I will get there! :) thanks for your advice, I am going to ask about incorporating protein shakes until I am allowed meat as such again.am allowed mince now, but haven't made it yet.
X

Hi Lola,

Protein supplements or drinks are vital in your diet and not carbs as it also as a hunger suppressant. Your provider should have at least told you this or given you a diet sheet to follow. Eating to many carbs is a no no as your body is still storing fat and not searching your body for stored fat to produce insulin. Your body ideally needs to get into kelosis state to achieve good weight loss. Which it won't do if your still on a high carb intake, you're choice. Victoria x

Our diet info is a but vague, anything that can be mashed with a fork, I've been having egg, lots of veg, weetabix, yoghurt, nothing I would say is bad for me but just not enough protein. Where do you get your protein drinks from? X

Back