• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2019 surgeons list

Bling Babe

Good evening ladies and gents, I’m in West Yorkshire so I understand all the processes are different, I’ve gone through the weight management for 12 weeks, ive then seen a consultant, then I was referred to a weight seminar at dewsbury hospital, there after I saw my dietician and bariatric nurse, had my physiologist’s assessment and was told I would be discussed in April’s MDT meets... I recieved a letter a few days ago that said I had been discussed in the MDT meeting and I appointment to see a surgeon will follow.... now I’m trying not to get my hopes up but that’s sounds positive to me... any input would be appreciated x
Hiya welcome, although I’m not with your trust I would say that sounds ver positive, good luck, keep us informed x

Parsnip

Good luck today bex.wils and Sarnie xx

Queenykjp

Hiya welcome, although I’m not with your trust I would say that sounds ver positive, good luck, keep us informed x
Thankyou!! I feel sick with nerves, I Carnt sleep! This is the four day I have been up until 3am in the morning.... not really a worrier but I’ve worked so hard I’m scared I’ll get rejected, my weight is up and down too.. between 2 and 4 pounds up... which isn’t good... only just got my kitchen done haven’t had that since before Xmas... any times to stay on the straight and narrow before I see my surgeon would be fab! Xx

Sarnie

Queenykjp

Update folks!!! Got my letter yesterday to see my surgeon on the 30th of may.... I feel absolutely sick with nerves/excitement I really don’t know what to expected, I’ve already had my talk with the dietician and bariatric nurse, and my physiologist so I can only hope this is going where I want it to... I’ll be happy when I have my pre op then it will seem real.. any advise/input is much appreciated:) xxxx

Parsnip

Update folks!!! Got my letter yesterday to see my surgeon on the 30th of may.... I feel absolutely sick with nerves/excitement I really don’t know what to expected, I’ve already had my talk with the dietician and bariatric nurse, and my physiologist so I can only hope this is going where I want it to... I’ll be happy when I have my pre op then it will seem real.. any advise/input is much appreciated:) xxxx
What tests have you had? Sleep apnea? ECG? Endoscopy? Etc....

Sarnie

What hospital are you with? Because they are all so different with their approach x

bex.wils

Good luck today bex.wils and Sarnie xx
Went well, drain was a nightmare, in hotel now not sleeping great. Had painkiller at 5.30am, trying to get to grips with what I need to take this morning as it’s my first morning not waking up in the hospital. Only pain I have is where the drain was I think. Still feeling bloated so going to get peppermint tea today. Just can’t wait to get home, 7am taxi in the morning should be back home for around 1pm x

Hope you're feeling ok Rebecca and the wind pain is easing.
Like you I just wanted to get home once I was out of hospital. Glad you're feeling ok. I needed pain relief for the 1st few nights to let me have a good rest. Hope the journey home goes well. You'll feel so much better at home I'm sure xx

Sarnie

Went well, drain was a nightmare, in hotel now not sleeping great. Had painkiller at 5.30am, trying to get to grips with what I need to take this morning as it’s my first morning not waking up in the hospital. Only pain I have is where the drain was I think. Still feeling bloated so going to get peppermint tea today. Just can’t wait to get home, 7am taxi in the morning should be back home for around 1pm x
Hope you have a good trip home x

Bling Babe

Hope your safely home, I’m sure you’ll feel much better in your own home and bed, keep resting and sipping xx

Sarnie

Hi @Sarnie good to hear you're doing ok. The wind is so uncomfortable isn't it. Keep resting and moving it really helped me xx
Thqnks Emma. Yes, it really is the worst of it all! Seems to be not as bad today so far, thank god. Is hard to concentrate on the job in hand when you are in pain xx

Parsnip

I’ve had no tests, I don’t have sleep apnea I’ve given a stool sample in and that’s it at the moment xx
I don't have sleep apnoea either but they like to test for it because lots of people have it without realising and it can cause issues during surgery.

Queenykjp

I don't have sleep apnoea either but they like to test for it because lots of people have it without realising and it can cause issues during surgery.
I had some bloods taken and my blood pressure etc right at the beginning of this (a year ago) so I dunno what they will do... my husband has sleep apnoea and sleeps with a cpap, I guess I’ll find out in the next 4 weeks xx

Sarnie

Good luck @MariaMaria83 hopefully you're done and dusted now xx

Parsnip

Hope everything has gone smoothly Maria and that you're not too uncomfortable xx

Bling Babe

Sorry I’m late with the good luck wishes, hope your recovering and resting, looking forward to your updates xx