• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

24 March - St Richards

Spikeyjaycee

Is anyone due for their op on or just before that date who may like a visitor? I have to go for my 6 week check up and I'd like to pop into the ward to say hi to the nurses and wondered if anyone else would like a visitor?
Let me know
All the best

I would love to have my surgery on that date, but I haven't got my first appointment until this Friday on the 26th Feb. Can you tell what what is likely to happen during my first visit?

Hi fizzy.
Is it the first appt with the consultant or the dietician/anathatist/psychologist?

If its the consultant - they'll talk to you about your eating habits, explain all procedures to you and then advise which is best for you. Normally if you're a quantity eater, the band is best. If (like me) sweets and biscuits are your downfall, bypass is better.

If its the dietician, anathatist,psychologist - you'll see each person and they'll discuss your eating habits, your medical history, check weight and height, BP etc. Can take a few hours so be prepared!
Have to say tho - St Richards are fantastic and you couldn't be in better hands!

Thanks Spikeyjaycee, I am actually seeing everyone in 1 day apparently. It is a new process that I am testing to see if they can get the referal pathway working for the 18 week turnaround. So I think that I am in for quite a session. I have to do a bit of mystery shopping for the PCT so could be interesting.

Thanks

Back