• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

27 lbs gone

CharChar

Selling I am 18 days post op and feeling g wonderful. I have lost 27 lbs since my preop diet.
I am only taking 1 BP pill now instead of 2.
This was the right decision for me and I could not be happier.

Charlotte

Well done love I'm 2 weeks pre op today just been weighed started at 19st 1lb and today 17st 3lbs so I am really pleased as well gives you a great feeling hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Kate it's a great feeling went back to work yesterday and people can tell already xc

Well Done thats fab xx

Kate it's a great feeling went back to work yesterday and people can tell already xc

You went back to work after just 2 weeks resting?

Can I ask how you are getting on?

I am currently planning to take 3 weeks' annual leave in preference to being signed off sick (altho my employer would pay sick leave I am trying to avoid more sickness on my record) ..... but 3 weeks will eat up a lot of my annual leave, but I am not sure I would be ready after 2 weeks.

Hi Sharon I am only doing 4 hours per day 4 days per week and one of the girls is picking me up and bringing me home but have to say struggled today:( Don't feel like I've done much either but then again I think everyone is different and you know if it's too much. I don't think I could have managed more than 4 hours back home now in pjs very tired but feel better for getting out and a bit of company.
Lynn xx

Hi Sharon I am only doing 4 hours per day 4 days per week and one of the girls is picking me up and bringing me home but have to say struggled today:( Lynn xx

Thanks for your answer! I will be doing 7 hours a day 5 days a week (altho in a very sedentary job) so I will stick at my initial estimate of 3 weeks off!

Well done to both of you for fantastic weightlosses xx

The op seems to lift your spirits too - I feel happy I made this decision even though it's early days and I've got a long way to go.

Good luck with the rest of your journeys xx

Well Done hun thats great

mamma mia said:

I go back to work on Monday. I took 4 weeks off. I'm glad I did too. So your doing OK at work? Get tired? Or sore?

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte
Yes I am only doing 4 hours and I am quite tired when I get home. I feel ok apart from a pain in my left hand site that somedays is horrendous and other days bearable when I stand and get up from sitting but compared to a week ago 100% improvement.
Lynn xx

Take it easy & don't over do it we forget how drastic our surgery is on the inside as we only have those little knicks to show for it & delude ourselves into thinking its not so bad really as we have so little scaring to show for it.

I developed a new pain on my left side just inside of my biggest scar; the one they excised the stomach through. I was bending down to do up my left shoelace and I got a sharp pain there. It's eased off somewhat but it hasn't gone, and that was about 3 days ago. As I am 9 weeks post op today I would presume I am healed inside, but maybe not??
I'm abroad but have emailed my surgeon's secretary asking her to ask him if I've damaged myself, no reply yet.

Back