• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The day has finally come... 11/12/2010

Lady_Nichole

Hello everyone, I'm Nichole from Birmingham, UK. I'm scheduled for a Gastric Bypass at Spire Parkway in Solihull via Dr. H Kumar on 11/12/2010.

I can't believe how quickly the time has passed since I saw the original weight management consultant back in July 2009!

My bypass is being funded by the NHS and I would welcome the ability to make some virtual friends on here as we all go through the journey. My highest weight was 330 lbs somewhere in 2007.

I am 30 years old and 5'2". I started on 18/10/10 with a weight of 298 and have lost 25 lbs since starting the preop diet, so I have definitely achieved the 5-10% loss I was tasked with.

I have a goal of the BMI 27 so that I definitely qualify to have skin contouring surgery on the NHS within 2-3 years. This, means a weight of approx 145 which, is a weight I haven't seen since I was about 8-9 years of age. I cannot even imagine myself that small - but I know that if there is a will... there is a way.

I've done my research and read loads of WLS books and diaries. I feel that I am very competent about the subject and I know that I am making the right decision for me. I am happy to report that I have the full support of my family, boyfriend, workmates, friends, and even a few random people that I have spoken to about my choice.

Now... I just have to get through the patience stage of waiting out the next 37 hours until I am admitted to the hospital.

I look forward to chatting to anyone who replies...
Nichole

Good luck to you and wishin you a speedy and painless recovery . all the best - MeJulie xx

WOW Nichole you must be so excited, would like to wish you a big
good luck for your operation and your new life, I hope all goes well
for you chuck x

Thanks for the words of blessing ladies - I'm doing anything I can to keep myself distracted from counting the hours until surgery!

good luck pet

yeah must be hard I know it would drive me crazy,
just think of christmas and your new life in the new
year, if that fails start looking online at new clothes haha

Hi Nichole and :welcome2: Good luck with your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hi Nicole, welcome to the WLS forum, you have come to the right palce for lots of support & excellent advice form those that have already done it. It is excellent that you are well read and well prepared, I really feel it helps with your success afterwards. Good luck for your op day hon, but I am sure all will go well & you will be back home recovering before you know it xxx

welcome to WLSurgery luv - good luck with your op hun and heres to plenty of weight loss coming your way! well done on the 25lbs lost allready! xxx

Hi Nichole, welcome to the Forum.
Good luck with your op tomorrow xXx

Hi nicole goodluck with surgery hope all goes well which I'm sure it will, I'm also from Birmingham and under mr kumar awaiting a gastric bypass hopefully early 2011 just waiting for a date to know wen I'll b having it.....mr kumars a lovely man isn't he so ur deffo in safe hands!!
Keep us updated when u get chance on how it all goes I'll b thinking of u Hun all the best xx

hi Nichole, i will see you there then! i also have my op at the same place same date and same doctor
i know what you mean about counting down the hours
well done with the pre op diet i have been on a five week diet and have lost 20lb
hope to here from you

richard

Rich0ne said:
hi Nichole, i will see you there then! i also have my op at the same place same date and same doctor
well done with the pre op diet i have been on a five week diet and have lost 20lb
hope to here from you

richard

Good luck Richard hope all goes well xxx

hope to here from you

richard

Good luck Richard and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Very best of luck on your weightloss journey, wishing you 'smooth sailing'... xxx

Back