• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

28th May 09 Bypass update, I'm thrilled to bits!!

Laura.

Hello everyone, I wanted to post an update on my weight loss since I had my surgery with Professor McMahon at Leeds Nuffield on May the 28th so nearly 4 months ago.
It's been a learning process these last few months and truly a rollercoaster ride of weightloss, sickness and missing food so all in all happy and at times quite sad but I do not in any shape or form regret having it done!
I have gone from 17st2 to my current of 12st12, I'm thrilled with my weightloss and although it has slowed right down in the last month I feel better now I am able to eat a tiny bit more and I'm sure it's best for me to lose slower now.
My glucose levels have gone from 10.5 to 5.2 and should carry on dropping, my BP has come down and my cholesterol has dropped from 6 something to 4.3:D
My husband only comes back from abroad (where he works) every few months so he didn't see me from before my op til mid August and he was needless to say thrilled, he couldn't keep his hands off me and was so glad he could wrap me in his arms again and both his hands would meet (if you get what I mean):eek:
All this to say to people with their understandable fears and worries pre-op and very newly post-op, the future for you healthwise is so much brighter.
All my love Laura x
Would love to post before and after pics if anyone can please help?
I don't mind emailing them to someone because I'm quite useless at posting links ect so if anyone can help I would be so very grateful.

Last edited:
its great to hear your story Laura, and very inspiring to someone like me who is newly post op. Your weight loss is great. Do you need/want to lose much more?

I think you need 50 posts before you can post before and after pics hun, so get posting as much as you can. Join in and get to know everyone. xx

Thanks Sam
50 posts???Ooops better had get posting eh!
I would be very happy to come down to 11st but I dont know if thats too much to ask....honestly I'm so much happier and lighter now I feel that anything more is a huge bonus.

Well done laura be great to see them before and after pictures keep posting babe x

thats fantastic ,bet your husband was over whelmed by the curvy sexy you.

Good luck with the golden window as they call it 18 months for the bypassers and 12 months for the bands when most of the weight loss takes place depending on circumstances etc.

Well done and thank you for being an inspiration to us...It's always good knowing what can be lost...look forward to seeing your pictures.

(((hugs)))

Back