• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 Days in and not lost a lb!!

SleeveGirl

Hi All,

I know I am probably speaking/writing too soon and my expectations are way to high BUT I am on Day 3 of the pre op diet and I haven't even lost 1lb or even 0.5lb - I am exactly the same! I am following the diet to the T (low carb). Example day below...

Breakfast - Diet Yogurt and Small Banana
Lunch - Salad, Cucumber, Chicken and 50g of Cheese
Dinner - Steak (cooked with NO oil) and 50g of peas
Snacks - 1 x Handful of Strawberries, Sugar Free Jelly & Nuts/Seeds
Drink - Water - Lots of! and 2 x Coke Zero

Am I being naive? With previous diets I have always lost weight within the first couple of days - even if it is only water.

The weird thing is I have no expectations about my weight loss after the surgery - I am happy to go with the flow.

the pre-op diet isn't there for you to lose weight it is to shrink the liver ready for surgery...that should be the focus here not the weight loss bit. So yes, I do think the expectations you have here are too high....

I do understand that however, my provider specifically called me today to see what I had lost so far... I hadn't actually weighed myself until the phone call. So clearly they are wanting me to loose some on the pre op diet.

Hi Katy, It will come off towards the end of the week... it also all depends on how bad you were before the start of the pre op diet. If you were being naughty then that might have shown on the scales but you didn't know it and it is that weight that you have lost. Don't get stressed you are doing brilliantly. You just have to keep going now.. not long at all until our dates!

Big Hugs
xxxxxx

Hi Katy, It will come off towards the end of the week... it also all depends on how bad you were before the start of the pre op diet. If you were being naughty then that might have shown on the scales but you didn't know it and it is that weight that you have lost. Don't get stressed you are doing brilliantly. You just have to keep going now.. not long at all until our dates!

Big Hugs
xxxxxx

I'm also going to start weighing myself at the same time - at the mo I do it at different times.

Thank you hun :)

Not long now at all!! Are you excited? I am more positive now but desperate to get it over and done with :)

Take care xxxxx

also, just to say, your weight can naturally fluctuate upwards of 5+ lb in a day, so if you weighed yourself later in the day then it could likely have been higher than what it would have been first thing so you may well have lost.

Did your provider say they were expecting you to have Lost a certain amount before the surgery?m

also, just to say, your weight can naturally fluctuate upwards of 5+ lb in a day, so if you weighed yourself later in the day then it could likely have been higher than what it would have been first thing so you may well have lost.

Did your provider say they were expecting you to have Lost a certain amount before the surgery?m

No they didn't ask me to loose weight before the surgery. Getting the phone call today and being asked if I'd lost weight on the pre op diet 3 days in made me panic a bit.

Im not surprised to be honest...it seems a bit bizarre to be honest.... Hang in there :)

Stick with it, not long now and you sound like you're doing brilliantly!! I've stuck to my pre-op diet to the letter and had lost 11lb, but today I've put 2 of that back on...eh?! I hope my liver's wafer thin by way of compensation!! x

Stick with it, not long now and you sound like you're doing brilliantly!! I've stuck to my pre-op diet to the letter and had lost 11lb, but today I've put 2 of that back on...eh?! I hope my liver's wafer thin by way of compensation!! x

Lol! Thank you hun. Well done on loosing 11lb! It's really weird how our bodies work. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 3lb now - at least I've started loosing! xx

That's very true Bookie, they are so moreish. I have limited it to 100 grams, it doesn't exactly say on my diet sheet how many I am allowed but they are in the 'Allowed Freely' section. x

Well done on losing hun... It is all in the right direction.

Yes I am really excited too and the nerves have gone (for now anyway). I am the same just want it over and done with now!!! This time next week I will be leaving on that jet plane... whoop whoop!

We just need to get this week and next out of the way and then it will be here...
xx

Well done on losing hun... It is all in the right direction.

Yes I am really excited too and the nerves have gone (for now anyway). I am the same just want it over and done with now!!! This time next week I will be leaving on that jet plane... whoop whoop!

We just need to get this week and next out of the way and then it will be here...
xx

Can't believe it's come around so quick!!! Arrrggghhh :)

I found out today a family member is coming down for my daughters birthday party in July - usually we would have a 'big one' lots of drink and a BBQ. She doesn't know I'm having the surgery (she could eat a horse and still be stick thin, lol) so I'll have to make up some excuse... At least by then I will have lost weight :)

Roll on next week...!! xxx

I'm going down the hernia repair route... I absolutely hate lying but I know people will find it odd that I am not eating much or drinking. I have a big family wedding two weeks after so I know that is going to be really hard...but will keep to the same story.

I think once people see you and see you have lost weight you can easily say you are on a diet and they will be chuffed for you so won't be going on.
xx

That's a good one. I hate lying too, but at the moment I am worried about being judged. Maybe after the surgery I will feel different, who knows.

I've got an anniversary party to go to about a month later, I have been looking at the post op meals on here to see what I'll be eating by then.

xxx

Back