• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 Days Post Op and lovin it!!!

dickiewickie

Today i'm 3 days into my sleeve and feel absolutely fine. Expected to be in more pain and difficulty than this. Keep pinching myself .....I've do it and feel great up and about already eating and drinking so far so good ...

Had a brilliant Consultant and nursing team at St Anthony s a girl couldn't ask for more. Well just looking forward to seeing the weight finally come off.
Just want to say Congrats to all Last weeks sleeve rs and good luck to those coming up

xx:):)

Glad you are feeling well long may it continue xxx I had a bypass in Novemeber and I felt fine and had no pain relief whatsoever after the op :)

My anaesthetist said that in many cases a positive, realistic attitude can affect how 'easy' recovery is and I know in my case it was true.

Long may this continue for you x

My anaesthetist said that in many cases a positive, realistic attitude can affect how 'easy' recovery is and I know in my case it was true.

Long may this continue for you x

This is so true , my consultant told me the same thing so before the op I listened to some music had a bit of a dance around my room . And kept optimistic! It worked !!! I was really scared about the whole procedure especially when I read about some of the experiences of sleevers who had gone before me. I know everyone different and was determined not to be negative .So far so good .. yes I'm stiff and a little sore but I have no need for painkillers, I can sleep on the left side, I can eat hot and cold liquid food of course. And I'm up and out already and its only day 3!!.
Hope there's nothing around the corner lol xx after all said and done

I am very jealous of all of you! I'm 2 days post op after having a gastric band and because I had a lot of stomach muscle (apparently) I'm pretty sore and swollen. Haven't been able to sleep much because I have to lie on my back. Haven't felt like having anything but water and even then I'm worried about having too much as throwing up is the worst thing for me :-(

I am 2 days in and finding it hard to get anything down too! I have no sickness just a bloated full up feeling and pain in my chest and shoulder still i think from wind.
It has eased a bit today though so I'm hoping that it will just ease off. Not hungry in the slightest! I think I am quite swollen as when I drink water i can literally feel it going all the way down and is a bit uncomfortable until it settles.
Hope you recover soon. It should all be worth it!
Claire x

I'm now 5 days post op and all the bloating has pretty much gone away but I'm still getting the pain in my shoulder when I'm sitting up. Not too bad but a nuisance.

Getting things down is definitely easier but I'm still finding it hard to regulate my water intake. Trying really hard to wait 30/40 minutes after drinking water to have some clear soup or sugar free jelly to get me in the frame of mind for when I get to have more substantial things. 2 days and counting till fruit smoothies and slim fast!!!

Reassuring to hear someone else with shoulder pain 5 days in! I am 3rd full day recovery and still have it! Also still got sharp pain swallowing. Breathing is a bit easier today. I think it must be just the swelling and bedding in!?

I have been having slimfast no one said not to !? I hope I haven't done it too soon!

had 3 in 3 days, a yoghurt watered right down and a bit of fruit smoothie again watered right down.

Going to have chicken cup a soup tonight.

Hope your recovery continues well! Lets look forward to the losses!

Claire x

I'm 2 days post op and feeling like rubbish. I felt better yesterday than I do today!! Its my last day in hospital hopefully going home this afternoon and maybe the change in scenery Will spurr me on!! I had really bad pain in my shoulder but that's gone now just my sore tummy. I'm taking each day as it comes but hoping tomorrow is better :)

Now 7 days post op. Tried to have a bit of juice the other day but it went straight through me so I'm going to have to be careful when I move onto other things.

Every provider is different in what they advise you can have post-op so slim fast is fine.

Still getting the shoulder pain and really bad indigestion pain when I sit up for too long which is horrible but some peppermint tea certainly helps with the pain in my stomach.

Had a day of feeling very sorry for myself yesterday but I've woken up much more positive this morning and can't wait till tomorrow when I can start having more interesting food and going out for walks and things

Thats great news! I am feeling better today too. I was getting concerned about the discomfort when swallowing! It was a sharp pain like indigestion. Hard to know what is normal right? I was discharged 7am the next morning still with low blood pressure so I was already a bit anxious. Going to have slim fast in a moment, not had anything yet today but water and tea. I know it will get better and ease off. One step at a time! Hope today progresses well for you both xxx

Yep, knowing what's normal is definitely a problem. Think we just have to take things slow and see how they progress.

Had some homemade soup today and it was AMAZING! So glad to eat something with an actual taste!

I had my first proper tin of soup today too and felt hungry for the first time! Well done you we are making progress! X

Back to work today! Slimfast and just about to have cup a soup! How are you getting on with your food *trickyvicky* ? x

I'm doing ok. Managed 3 half cups of soup yesterday which was fine and today I've had 2 half cups and a little bit of smoothie but I think that might have been a bad idea. After 2 and a bit weeks of no fruit my body doesn't know what to do with it!!

How has your first day back to work been?

Hey ... work was fine. Was a tiny bit sore tonight as I think I rubbed my tummy against the desk so may take a slim cushion tomorrow! A bit tired but fine! I had a slimfast, a cup a soup at lunch and a whole tin of blended up soup tonight! Oh and a quarter pot low fat custard! It feels like it is too much but no more than what the brochure says. In fact still less but I think after maybe 200 cals a day I feel a bit guilty! Silly as I know I need the nutriants and cals. Prob had 800 cals including drinks today! Seems like you are on the mend? Is the pain any better. Good about the soup! I think you are a day or so behind me and I reckon it will really ease off now xx

I know, we've gone to the opposite about feeling guilty about eating only a little bit. Know I'm worried about it but I guess the more I'm able to eat the more walking I'm going to have to do.

Glad to hear you had a successful day at work!!

Yep definitely seem to be getting better and I need it to as I'm driving to Manchester at the weekend. Not sure I could cope with 4 hours in the car atm. Slept the whole night last night which was nice and managed a 20 minute walk around the block.

Back