• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 Weeks and it's more than I ever expected x

Hi Katie, I had my endoscopy done a month ago by Mr Balupuri (totally know where you are coming from with the soft spot! ;-)!). just waiting for the call with pre op date and diet info (well that's what I think will happen!). I'm expecting a 4-6 month wait so sometime after Xmas for the big day! can't wait! if I do half as well as you I'll be so happy. A little black dress for Xmas 2012 is my aim. couldn't tell you the last year that I wore a dress. xxx

Wow so well done. Have you helped your weightloss with lots of protein and drinking water and exercise? Or walking? I will be a slow looser. Three weeks tomorrow and only 11 or 12 lbs down. Any tips? What are you up to eating now?

Sorry for all the questions! Trisha

Hi Trisha, I love the questions, if I can share what I've done and it gives at least one person help or even an idea then it's all good ...
I've actually found the drinking quite difficult so have been making my own ice pop's with dilute orange and water and it soooo helps. I've not had any protien shakes but did try the tesco's version of slim fast in about week 3 and it was nice knowing it was full of vitamins and minerals and it didn't taste too bad either it suggests using skimmed but i used semi-skim milk, one pouch for 50p did me 2 portions. I stuck to the post op diet (almost, read why later) to the letter as I didn't want anything to go wrong. Remember I had a sleeve so don't get dumping problems, so anything I suggest may be fine for me but I don't know how a bypasser would react.

Weeks 1-4
I ate mostly blended goodness like Chicken breast, veg, gravy and lentils; Roast beef, veg and gravy; Cauliflower & Broccoli Cheese. Blend and freeze in ice cube trays and pop out what you need so you're not having tonnes of waste food, they only take about an hour to fully defrost but I microwaved mine when still a little frozen and I'm still standing so it must be ok hehe. My mam has been fantastic with helping me prepare and get ideas for different tastes. I had the odd cup a soup made with only half the water so it was a little thicker and jelly. Petit Filous became too easy to rely on and soon I started getting a white tongue and smelly breath so decided enough was enough and I ditched them. A collegue from work came to visit and brought me a strange gift that I ended up loving, Pureed Fruit Pouches. One of your 5 a day in one pouch. In weeks 1-2 I only had 2 tablespoons about 4 times a day. Weeks 2-4 I had 3-4 tablespoons.

Weeks 4-5
I'm now having half a weetabix with semi milk for breakfast, I dont like my weetabix all mushy and cement like so am having them as I normally would and they're going down excellently. Or porrige, can manage a third of an oat so simple 30g pouch with semi milk. For lunch I'm having one medium egg with semi milk, scrambled with salt and pepper, I forgot how much I love scrambled egg Mmmm! And tea I'm having half a Weight Watchers meal like shepherds pie, ocean pie, beef lasagne or chicken curry and rice but I'm still a little nervous about the chicken so hubby is doing the honours and disposing of it lol.

My main struggle at first was texture, my teeth felt so redundant! I did in week 4 be a sod and try a cracker with cheese spread and it did go down and stay down but the guilt was crippling so haven't done it again.

As for excercise I've only just went back to the gym in the last week and find a brisk(ish) walk on the tredmill about as much as I can handle. I've been making an effort to rally a few friends round and going for a walk to the nearby beach and not leaving things to take upstairs in one fowl swoop, I counted the other day I went up & down stairs 13 times. Normally I get up, do what i gotta do and come downstairs and thats it until bed time, also instead of using the downstairs loo I now go upstairs and I'm convinced that's helping.

I'm sorry for my long winded post but I think it's better to get it all down rather than leave any stone left unturned lol. If you think I have missed anything or want me to go in depth more on any topics please give me a shout. No matter how silly or personal the question, I will do my best to give you an honest answer where I can.

Thanks for your comments

xxx

well done ready for a change u have done fab, i am just waiting for surgery date for a sleeve at sunderland so reading your post makes feel that i am doin the right the thing and cant wait til i am posting my weight loss on her, fingers crossed i am the same as your self nd dont have any problems or things ha how long did u wait from last oppintment til surgery?? x

Luv2B, thanks and hello :D. My whole journey was 14 months from seminar to surgery.
I can honestly say a sleeve was the best option for me as I don't have a sweet tooth so wouldn't benefit from the fear of dumping like with a bypass and I feel motivated now to control my own life and diet.
May 2010 - Seminar
Sept 2010 - Met the dietician
Feb 2011 - Met Mr Schroder
May 2011 - Endoscopy
July 2011 - Pre Assesment
July 2011 - Surgery

Hope this helps xx

Hi Katie, I had my endoscopy done a month ago by Mr Balupuri (totally know where you are coming from with the soft spot! ;-)!). just waiting for the call with pre op date and diet info (well that's what I think will happen!). I'm expecting a 4-6 month wait so sometime after Xmas for the big day! can't wait! if I do half as well as you I'll be so happy. A little black dress for Xmas 2012 is my aim. couldn't tell you the last year that I wore a dress. xxx

Lynne I wouldn't be surprised if your time came a little quicker to be honest, they're on full steam ahead at the minute in Sunderland. I only waited 2 months from endoscopy to surgery. As for the little black dress, 2012 will come round in no time. For me the last year as flown by in the blink of an eye. All of my goals are for late 2012 too, so let's go for it girl xxxx

yeah it helps loads, i am excited but nervous at the same time ha dr.mawahar is doin my op nd he was lovely, he didnt mention me having a Endoscopy, he says he has put me on the short notice list and i recived my letter though saying so, so just waiting for my op date (whooo) my dates is more or less the same as yours too,

seminar - oct 2010
dietician - feb 2011
dr.mawahar & waiting list - july 2011

how long were u off work? how long were u in hospital?? thats the biggest thing that is scaring me is been in hospital ha x

i agree with you their i think they r on full steam ahead too, when i spoke to dr.mawahar he said if i didnt get a cancelation i would b done nd dusted in 4 months!! i am 1 month down now so not long xx

I had mixed emotions too so you're deffo not the only one lol. He was the guy who did my endoscopy and he was a sweetheart. Yipee:D, I was on the short notice list too and I got a call well before I was expecting one so I've got my fingers crossed for you chick. I work in Argos and it's all heavy lifting, delivery etc so I've taken 6 weeks off but think if I had a less physical job I'd have been back after 4. Being in hospital was fine I promise, I went in on friday afternoon, operated on first thing saturday morning, home by 11:30am monday morning. The staff are lovely and everyone is in the same boat so I really wouldn't worry. I think everyone's recovery time will be different but I want to be 100% fit and well before going back to work as I don't want to act or be treated any differently from my collegues. I think if you can, take a little longer off, esp if it falls over x-mas lol xxx

It's such a class feeling knowing you girls are so close to feeling how I feel right now and I can't wait for you to be on here sharing what we've done. It trully is brilliant to think what that these Doc's can do and how they can almost immediately lift someones spirits that have been trailing through the cr*p on the floor for like, 10 years is awesom..! xxx

you girls have got my heart pumping now at the thought of it coming round quicker, but I'll not build my hopes up too much! woo hoo! bring on the skinny minnies! xxx

ah great so the short notice list does exsist its not just something they fob you off with haha ahh i more excited now, i work in office so hoping only need 2 weeks off but wil just c how i feel, just want it over with so i can concentrate on getting better/living my life ha x

Lynne, whatever will be, will be. Either way you're on the right tracks. Maybe give them a quick call and let them know that you're happy to go on the cancellations list as well as the regular waiting list? xxx

Wow Katie, that's an impressive loss in such a short time. Well done you. And good luck to you other girls who are waiting. Mine should be less than 3 months too. I also can't wait!!

thanks Katie. I think I'll ring them in the morning. to see if they can tell me where I am on the list. nothing ventured nothing gained! :) xxx

Thanks for that Donna, I'm glad I'm not the only one who faces this problem.
Kind Regards
xx

Katie, what a fantastic loss :D
I think we all find it so hard to accept compliments because for years of being overweight compliments were in pretty short supply :(
Enjoy the new you and bask in all the compliments to come!
Kate x

Good one Katie. Your loss is fantastic! Looks like you're going to have to get used to all the compliments AND the attention!

Jxx

Katie, what a fantastic loss :D
I think we all find it so hard to accept compliments because for years of being overweight compliments were in pretty short supply :(
Enjoy the new you and bask in all the compliments to come!
Kate x

Thanks Kate, you hit the nail on the head with that comment :D.
Kind Regards
xxx

Wow Katie, that's an impressive loss in such a short time. Well done you. And good luck to you other girls who are waiting. Mine should be less than 3 months too. I also can't wait!!

Thanks Marie :D...
3 months is no time at all, it'll fly over.
xx

Amazing weight loss!!!

Thanks Kim xx

Back