• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 days out

youngswife0323

Hi everyone my name is Vanessa I just got the gastric by pass surgery the 15th of December. I am still feel hungry but I'm not sure if its I'm hungry or that I want things I can't have? I have lost 20 pounds I was on a 2 week liquid diet and I lost a good amount then. I feel blah and discouraged. Does anyone have anything that can help me? Idk what I'm looking for help I guess someone to talk to or someone who is going thru the same thing I am. And also what is a stone? Like when someone says they have lost 5 stones? Thank you very much for any advice imput or any answers.

Hi Vanessa and welcome...

Firstly a 'stone' is our uk weight measurement 14lbs = 1 stone :)

Secondly i'm guessing you are not hungry i think it is probably 'head hunger' and not real hunger. What is your food intake right now? I know some providers encourage people onto sloppy/soft food quite quickly although mine has you on fluids for 4 weeks....

It's perfectly normal early days post op to feel 'blah and discouraged' as your body recovers from the surgery and your life returns to some normality (and as the weight goes too) you will start to feel more like yourself....

Good luck on your journey and keep us posted xxx

I am on sugar free pops chicken broth protine shake and crystal light for 2 weeks then soft food for 2 weeks then reg foods. I guess I just need to continue to resist the urges ;) easier said then done. Lol.

Hi and welcome sorry to here that you are struggling.
Im pre op but wanted to say hi and welcome you along xx

Hi Vanessa I just wanted to welcome you.
The early das an be hard but it gets easier. Do resist the urges because if you give in you could make yourself very poorly this close to your surgery.
Keep posting and chatting and we'll do our best to help and encourage you.
I had my bypass in Auust this year.
Grace xxx

Welcome to WLS family, we are all here to help if we can.
There are people on here at all difference stage of post-op and pre-op so theres always someone with useful information, dont hesitatae to ask.

Hiya and :welcome: to the forum.

I had my bypass on December 8 so I can relate to how you feel quite well. My provider says 10 days on liquids, then sloppy/pureed foods for 3-4 weeks. The liquid days were hard for me too, with head hunger definitely present. But as you move onto pureed foods it gets better! I have started blending the most delicious foods (they don't look nice, but taste good!) and get far more enjoyment out of my meals now then I did at first.

Hang in there.. it gets better! And as the weight drops, your mood improves automatically :)

All the very best and good luck on your WLS journey... thinking of you and sending every good wish... take good care... love and hugs xxx

youngswife0323 said:
Hi everyone my name is Vanessa I just got the gastric by pass surgery the 15th of December. I am still feel hungry but I'm not sure if its I'm hungry or that I want things I can't have? I have lost 20 pounds I was on a 2 week liquid diet and I lost a good amount then. I feel blah and discouraged. Does anyone have anything that can help me? Idk what I'm looking for help I guess someone to talk to or someone who is going thru the same thing I am. And also what is a stone? Like when someone says they have lost 5 stones? Thank you very much for any advice imput or any answers.

Hi, Vanessa! My name is Shallon. I just had my gastric bypass on Dec 15th too! I would be really happy to have someone to talk to about progress, questions, etc. I don't really know my way around the site yet, but I hope you can msg me back!

Shallon Rolens

Yes it would be great actully we can instant message or facebook or text or email. I'm still trying to figure out this site also lol I was hoping to find someone who had it the same date I did. Where r u from? I am in cali. I weighed 275 I belive at the start of all this and now I'm down to 254 yay go me lol but its hard and each day I can't have food is kicking my butt. Are u on the liquid diet? If so for how long?
~Vanessa ;)

Thanks ladies for all the help today was much better then yesterday thank god lol we will see what tommorrow brings I just hope it gets a little better each day :)

I am suffering through the liquids now... Supposed to be for 30 days! I have my
Post op appointment on the 30th so i will ask him if I will be able to progress sooner. I live in Oklahoma. I initially weighed in around 265, but had lap band done. Got me down to about 215-220, but I had a lot of problems with the band... Port flipped over, stupid surgeon "fixed" it and moved it up under my ribs... Dr kept trying to fill me too much each time I went for fills and it made me sooo sick... And finally had to go to a new surgeon who quickly determined that my band had slipped majorly. Been a long road! But I thought the bypass would be the better option for me now. I weighed in at 208.6 this morning! :) i am just having problems trying to make myself drink 2 big protein shakes after all the dang water we're supposed to have! What are your biggest struggles right now? Hope to hear from you! If you want to get me on FB, just look me up!
Shallon Rolens

Hi Vanessa welcome to the board. It will get easier trust me and you are doing just great. It's important you keep to your surgeons post op food plan as this will keep you safe.

Lots of very nice people here who will help you along your road. Merry Christmas x

Hi Vanessa and :welcome2: to the forum!

Hope you settle down with your hunger, its quite normal to start feeling hungry after the surgery. But............are you really hungry or is your head guiding you? I think in the past, we got so used to eating what we want and when, that our minds don`t seem to get that we don`t need the food that we used to consume!
Try to follow the guidelines issued by your doctors, you will soon find it easier to follow once you get onto more solid foods.
Please be patient - you will find amazing results if you do!

Good Luck and take care hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

Yeah I had problems the first 3ish days drinking all the protine also I felt like there wasn't enough hours in the day lol now its a lot easier I can do one in about a hour and a halfish so I am happy with that. I hope today was as good as yesterday head hunger wise but I am determined to do this I want to be around for my kids lives and be able to keep up with them :) so my 2 issues so far is getting all my liquids and head hunger :( this has been really hard for me cuz my husband is currently deployed it Iraq so I have had to do most of this alone. But when he gets back he will have a new thinn woman if all goes well :) ill look u up today on facebook its only 634 hhere and I'm going back to bed lol have a awesome day

Wow Vanessa that must be so hard with your husband gone... But he will get a great surprise when he gets home! ;) Who is your main support person right now? Do you have other family close? Hope to hear from you soon, have a great day!

Shallon Rolens

My support is mostly my nana and papa but all my fam is in cali. Then once I go back to hawaii I have my best friend and my hubby :) I'm in cali till march then I go back to hawaii where we are stationed. So my main right now is my nana tho she is helping me out a lot and keeping me facused and hard to belive but so is the hubby ;)

Back