• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How we are judged.

Ruthiep

I just heard on London's LBC Radio, Julia Hartley-Brewer the presenter was discussing Karl Lagerfeld's slagging off of Adele as fat. People were phoning in about being overweight, fat etc, and one woman phoned in and said that with steroids she ballooned from 7 stone to just under 12 stone! So Julia asked her how tall she was and she said 5 foot 4. So Julia said "oh that's quite a weight for someone of 5 foot 4!" And I was thinking: I'm five foot one and I weigh 11 stone 10 and a half and I don't feel "quite a weight"; I feel quite slim actually! How people judge us!!

I posted on Fb about his comment , Adele is a real woman & 100 times more attractive than the skeletons he uses as models . How are our teens to learn to love themselves with comments like his & now hers , makes me so cross

I saw this on the Write Stuff before I went out this morning, its really disgusting :( So sad that girls grow up thinking they should look like Victoria Beckham and such...

Adele or Posh?I know who i would fancy if i was male or gay.Bones dont float many boats!

It's horrendous the pressure that is put on people to be thin, I think Adele has a fabulous figure I would love a figure like hers, she looks healthy and represents a real woman :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Purple kylie, I love your response!!! I think that NORMAL sized women look amazing, like Holly Willoughby and Christina Hendriks. Can't believe Holly was slated for being 'big'. She's a size 12!!!!!

When I was 18 I was 8st13lb and a size 14 I'm 5'6. (hips & Bust smaller waist)

I had curves in the right places and legs that'll never look like that again.

When I was 20 I was 12 stone and still a size 14 all over and this is when I looked my best. So if I can get down to a 14 again I'll be over the moon.

I like to look like a woman and not a scrawny wee boy.

I can't listen to JH-B, she annoys me too much - probably the only time I'd ever have high BP is listening to her rubbish rantings. Step away from the radio girls .... or switch over to heart and have a dance instead!

I thik the media has a lot to answer for, but I think women can have a tough enough time without dividing us into groups of skinny v healthy weight v extra weight v overweight helps our cause. Some of those very thin 'celebs' have eating disorders and very unhappy lives, some live in the gym so they can lick a biscuit at Christmas - it is up to us to teach our children and young women that it is most important to love, respect and nurture themselves - regardless.

Come on sisters - rise up!! time for a revolution.

Did anyone see the programme on tuesday - it was on after fat surgeon, and i think it was the guy from eastenders. who is overweight, does boxing training on a daily basis, he got a group of bigger people and took them out and about - proving that the nation is fatist - cant get clothes, cant go on theme rides (even though you have to pay full price to get into these places)

it was really interesting, and he went to the shops and asked them why they wont sell larger sizes etc - he proved it was racist against larger people, I wish i could remember what it was now.

I think Adele, is beautiful, I think she has a fantastic voice and I love her songs, however she is overweight ( like the rest of us) that does not make her a bad person, it does not affect her voice or what she does for a living, and like the rest of us, she has the choice to live her life as she sees fit - I for one hide away because of my size, and for this very reason, people judge on looks and it is discrimination for what ever reason - it is just not right, we dont go around saying things about skinny people, so why do they feel they have the right to do that to us

Back