• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5days post op & back to work!

L0ckerz

Hi guys,

I'm still a little unsure weather to go back work today, I had my op last Friday, and I'm back in work today but only for a 4 hour shift. I feel ok, just I'm not havin many calories and still feel a little sore and with me working in retail I'm constantly on my feet, there is no where to sit down on the shop floor at all so I'm in two minds weather to go or not as I don't want to make my self ill , faint from so few calories and so much rushing or pull and incisions open. What do you think? Xx

i wouldnt if youre still feeling sore,your body needs time to recover x

Hi Emma, I don't honestly think I could stand for 4 hours at the moment, I'm busy today but, will be in my car, and visiting my Mum so will be sitting down at hers etc etc.
Do your colleagues know about your op, if so could they be accommodating with maybe finding something for you to do that would allow you to sit ....maybe manning the changing rooms???? Just be careful as you have done so well till now!!! xxx

You need at least another week and only when your GP tells you it's OK should you consider going back

I was a little shocked when I read your post, I was thinking more on the lines of me being off work for about 4 weeks aft my surgery, pleased you didn't go back today xxx

I think it depends on your job really - I was back at work after a week. I'm in an office role so that was plenty of time for me to recover. The only thing I didn't do for a couple of weeks was lift things!

I work at New Look copper, it's pretty fast paced and there's a fair bit of liftin and no where to sit at all on the shop floor. Glad I didn't go back today xxx

I was a little shocked when I read your post, I was thinking more on the lines of me being off work for about 4 weeks aft my surgery, pleased you didn't go back today xxx

It really depends how you feel but also which op you had. The OP had a band and usualy the recovery time is less than other procedures.

I'm glad you didnt go in if you didnt feel up to it L0ckerz. Take it as easy as poss when you do go back xx

Yep retail is a bit different!! The only time I really noticed is when I was waking up and downstairs for that first week back (bit of a twinge!)

Wow is this after bypass? Takes me a week to get over anaesthetic! Xxx

I had 2wk and was ready to go back but even so that 3rd week tired me out and I worked from home lol

Even after I had my band I was off for 4 weeks I think, go back when you feel ready, take care xxx

I had my op on the Saturday and was back at work on the Wednesday. Office based and training. But didn't feel 100% myself for a couple of weeks. In all honesty though if I had have stayed at home, I probably would have ended up a ladder decorating or something stupid like that...I cannot just sit and do nothing. I am a very bad patient. You just need to be guided by your body and your provider x

Back