• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 wks Post Op

mightyminx49

Proud grandmother of 7
Hi everyone,

I am 6 weeks post op and not loosing weight very quickly. dont get me wrong, I am not complaining as my loss was just as slow before my op. I am loosing weight at a rate of 1-2lbs every 10 days or so and, even though I am on solid foods, I am not eating beyond what my pouch will allow. I dont have a lot of energy at the moment and am taking all my supplements. I have had my B12 jab 2 weeks ago but dont feel any different. I have done housework on a daily basis but feel wiped out afterwards :(

When I go for a walk I am tired and achy when I get back but have enjoyed the exercise :D

Is anyone else experiencing or have had the same things after surgery and if so, did their weight loss and energy increase as time moved on and at what stage post op.

Many thanks in advance. :D x

Yes, yes, yes and yes!

I am now just going into my ninth week and finally feel like a human and weight loss has picked up a bit.

Just hang on in there.

Julie

Hi Julie,

Thanks so much for your reply, I wasnt worried about the lack of weight loss. I was curios as to why the weight loss would slow down to a point where it was hardly noticable!!! My friends say they can see the weight dropping off and all I can say is its inches that I am loosing rather than lbs. LOL

After I wrote this message I read another message that explained the lack of weight loss as my body going into hibernation mode, I wonder then, if that is the reason I still feel so tired and worn out with only light activities or house work!! :D

I have just received a letter today from another department in our hospital, offering me the rescheduled date for my hand surgery under general anaestetic. I am happy that they have offered me the 27th August but have to wonder if it isnt too early after my bypass. My bypass team advise that the anaethatist will assess me before hand so perhaps I can then start to move on with my life and find work again after recovery and physio.

I am so looking forward to my reveiw at 8 weeks to be told that I can start swimming, bike riding and other activities to help speed up the weight loss and the proper start to the new me. xx

Back