• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
I never normally weigh myself on a Monday evening, but just for a laugh as I've had such a crappy day I thought I would and my weight was 66.6kg. Since I now don't eat or drink I can literally see the weight falling off me :)

Is this a sign :eek:

Jemima, can I ask what your team are doing to resolve this? You were at healthy to start with - are they not worried?

When did this happen with the stricture ? did u have any symptoms or did it just happen all of a sudden. Will they give u a stretch ? x

It came on kind of gradually, then gradually got worse. I'm now on 'epic' I'd say.

I'm great at denial and head in the sand. Have absolutely had enough of things. Have hit rock bottom and just kept on going :needhug:

It came on kind of gradually, then gradually got worse. I'm now on 'epic' I'd say.

I'm great at denial and head in the sand. Have absolutely had enough of things. Have hit rock bottom and just kept on going :needhug:
Big hugs hon, but I think its time to get help. You seem like a very strong lady to me, who knows what she wants and has oodles of common sense - its time to get your battle head on and get your provider to do something about this before you further damage your already damaged system.

Sending hugs. You can get through this x

I never normally weigh myself on a Monday evening, but just for a laugh as I've had such a crappy day I thought I would and my weight was 66.6kg. Since I now don't eat or drink I can literally see the weight falling off me :)

Is this a sign :eek:

66.6... I would only be worried if that was u, maintaining at that magic number.. Haha.. From a jolly fat person, to an evil hot devil woman.!!

I wasn't aware you were struggling my love. I though your post was tongue in cheek which I why I "liked" it.

I hope they are able to figure it all out for you and that you are soon on the mend. x

sometimes the scar tissue causes the stoma to narrow significantly, making it difficult for food or even liquids to pass through into the small intestine. In some cases, the opening can close completely. This is known as a stricture.
Strictures after a gastric bypass are not that uncommon. They can be serious, however, because obviously you have to be able to get food and liquids in. The most common symptom of a stricture is vomiting after eating or drinking. Now, vomiting after eating is not that unusual after a gastric bypass, especially in the early days after surgery. Eating too much, eating too fast, or not chewing well enough can all cause vomiting. Many people cannot tolerate certain foods anymore after a gastric bypass, such as sugar or fatty foods. Eating these foods may cause vomiting. But if you vomit every time you eat, especially if you are eating slowly and making sure to chew well, it may be a sign of a stricture.

Well 'tis done thank goodness.

As every procedure with my surgeon is always a calming experience it wasn't as bad as I can imagine, and although I didn't have as much sedation as my last endoscopy a few weeks ago, I was knocked out enough to not feel a thing.

Am stretched and can now drink :D, if there had been a pond at the hospital door, I would have just stuck my head in it and emptied it last night. I managed to get in 1.5 litres of fluid last night, that's been a week's worth up to now. Nice to be able to have a 'wee' again as well.

But, not solved things completely as food is still being ejected, I think it's the spasms in my stomach that are doing this, but will see how it goes in the next couple of day as I've had enough being poked and prodded.

So glad to hear it went well hon - fingers crossed that the stricture stays open and you can start to enjoy your journey a little more

Got my fingers crossed things get better for you. Glad you can drink x

Back