• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

7/11/10

Mixman

Just to let you know CC that I did get more sleep and did my hour on the X-Trainer!

I use the 'Climbing' mode. Every 6 minutes it increases resistance.

An hour can give you these benefits :)

XTrainer.jpg

That looks a very posh machine - what is it? I have a Carl Lewis model that is doubling as a second wardrobe at the moment:rolleyes:

tranquil

It was just a fairly cheap one from Lidl that my fiance's dad bought. He couldn't get on with it and gave it me for free. Which I was dead chuffed about :)

Cool. I really ought to sort mine out and get on it. I need to get into exercise once my op is done. I feel too self conscious to go to a gym so I am definitely going to be a home exerciser!

tranquil

That's a great plan. When I first used one in January, I thought, oooh, I'll do 30 minutes! I was puffing and panting after 5. I didn't realise how much effort they took.

Now an hour is just right. It tests me but is enjoyable. I generally watch a film or TV as it does get boring otherwise.

You have encouraged me to sort mine out. I am going to dig out the manual and clear the clothes off it. Even just a few minutes a day is a start. Thanks.

tranquil

Just to let you know CC that I did get more sleep and did my hour on the X-Trainer!

I use the 'Climbing' mode. Every 6 minutes it increases resistance.

An hour can give you these benefits :)

XTrainer.jpg

I did think about you while i was listening to the grand prix on the radio this afternoon. Well done! :clap: Very pleased you're using the resistence too as this always pushes you.

I have another trick that I use when I'm on the cross trainer ... two actually. I'd probably benefit from showing you but I cannot so I will explain :eek:

1) Before I go up on my resistence I also do 1-2 minutes backwards ... works a slightly different set of muscles and makes for a more interesting workout

2) something I learned from the Discovery Health channel about 6 years ago - taking the normal stance on the cross trainer, then bend your legs a little then cycle (or whatever the phrase is!). Again this works you differently and is more challenging and really works the top of your legs, back of your legs and glutes.

Also well done on the sleep - how much did you get this time?

coffee makes you wee lol.
I also find caffeine makes me gain weight. Is there anything else you like to drink? Or may be not having anything 3 hours or so prior to going to bed?

Not really. Well, I like Malibu and orange but I don't think that's a good idea at work :)

Malibu and orange??? :9529::9529::9529::9529::9529::9529::9529::9529: Reminds me of my days drinking Southern Comfort & Lemonade or Archers & Lemonade :9529: I can't bare the smell of either now ... too many drunken school days (when I should have been in class).

Shame there isn't anything else you like. May be try the 3-hour method?

Just suggestions ... always suggesting and wanting to help. :eek:

Thanks Mix.

When I was following Cambridge DIet I used to drink an awful lot and would have to curtail it a few hours before going home in order to stop me peeing myself on the way home. Hence my idea of you curtailing your drinking coffee a bit early so you can get sufficient sleep. Working shifts is notoriously bad for the human body and his know to shorten life span ... your body is in 'jet lag mode' made worse by your hard training ... exercise is about putting your body under strain in order to strengthen it (hence the reason why you shouldn't exercise when you've a bad cold or flu). Thus I think it's imperative you get quality sleep - repair yourself, rest and make you fully functional (not just in the context of labido ;)). Waking up for loo breaks is fine - we all do that ... so long as you go straight back to sleep. Please try ...? tah x

Back