• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SO UNFIT!!!

lisa x

is very happy!
HI.
As you may have read in an earlier thread,I purchased a cross trainer yesterday...
I cant believe how unfit I am...I thought I was not to bad.
I swim once a week and walk the dog daily,as well as run around after after my kids.
I thought I had more stamina than a lot of people in terms of walking distances...

Then I got on the cross trainer and lasted all of 7 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My OH got on and did a mere 5 minutes(he is thin BTW!)

Then to shame both of us...my 9 year old daughter jumped on and did a whole hour at full pelt and didn't even break a sweat!!!!!!!!!!
She want to do more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then my 5 year old got on and did 20 mins ...again he didn't break a sweat either.

I have thought I would try to build this up slowly by doing 10 mins 3 times a day and work on the time from there,adding a minute a day maybe.

I am so embarrassed ...I thought I was fitter than this...
Despite this embarrassing start, I am so glad i have made this purchase....i think the whole family will benefit..

onwards and downwards!!

Don't worry about this. I thought the first time I got one, I'll just do an hour! 20 minutes later I threw in the towel!

Build up slowly and reap the rewards :)

i wouldnt worry about it, those machines were designed by a masochist! I was the same as you when i joined a gym a few years ago, i was on treadmill for about half an hour, exercise bike for about half an hour, and then i could only manage 10 mins on cross trainer, i thought i was going to pass out!! If you keep trying, you will see the time you can manage slowly creep up.
Good on you!!!

Oh sweetie don't beat yourself up - the cross trainer is REALLY hard work. I used to avoid it like the plague when I went to the gym.

OMG i'm knackered reading this! Don't beat yourself up, i too am unfit as i found when trying to ride my bike the other day....

In fact the most exercised bones in my body are my typing fingers....... how awful is that? And they are still fat too lol

Keep it up and build it up, you'll get there xxx

Don't worry about this. I thought the first time I got one, I'll just do an hour! 20 minutes later I threw in the towel!

Build up slowly and reap the rewards :)
Thanks mixxy..
Its nice to know that you only did 20 mins ...don't feel as bad now..lol xxxxxxxxxxxxx

OMG i'm knackered reading this! Don't beat yourself up, i too am unfit as i found when trying to ride my bike the other day....

In fact the most exercised bones in my body are my typing fingers....... how awful is that? And they are still fat too lol

Keep it up and build it up, you'll get there xxx
wow...you are braver than me...I wont go near a bike for quite some time...
I have only just quit smoking and don't think my lungs could cope...:D(that's my excuses and I am sticking to it lol)
I think I need a lay down too at all this fitness talk..lol:D
xxxxxxxxx

i wouldnt worry about it, those machines were designed by a masochist! I was the same as you when i joined a gym a few years ago, i was on treadmill for about half an hour, exercise bike for about half an hour, and then i could only manage 10 mins on cross trainer, i thought i was going to pass out!! If you keep trying, you will see the time you can manage slowly creep up.
Good on you!!!
I used to have one a few years ago but it broke...could always do 30 mins no problem..

I have to enjoy the pain of this...it cost me to much to turn it into a clothes horse..lol

I am like that on treadmills...I never know it was so hard to walk in a straight line until l went on a tread mill....maybe it has something to do with waddling lol...

It was the shame of my daughter on it for an hour that really got my goat today....
Me and the OH just sat there in ore of her whilst we tended our bruised egos lol
how are you doing hun...? xxxxxx

I started going to the gym 5 weeks ago. Last week the instructor said I could try the cross trainer for the first time - she told me to do no more than 2 minutes !

Dont worry Lisa, I had to have a lie down just reading about it :D x
So did I lay down after 7 mins.....!!!!!!!!!
Also need a bath to ease those poor muscles from the shock I just give them lol....:8855:
Watch this space tomorrow for the achy limp I feel coming on lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I started going to the gym 5 weeks ago. Last week the instructor said I could try the cross trainer for the first time - she told me to do no more than 2 minutes.

2 mins sounds good...
But I think my triumphant 7 mins was enough....
I will work on it.;)
I am not brave enough for the gym yet...
Maybe after the op and a few stone down I will get there,,,but not as i am now..:eek:
Your looking fab in your pics by the way :D

xxxxxxxxxxxx

2 mins sounds good...
But I think my triumphant 7 mins was enough....
I will work on it.;)
I am not brave enough for the gym yet...
Maybe after the op and a few stone down I will get there,,,but not as i am now..:eek:
Your looking fab in your pics by the way :D

xxxxxxxxxxxx

:thankyou: Lisa ! I got an exercise referral from my GP so I go to a closed session at the gym for patient referrals only... no lycra suited, muscle-bound luvvies in sight ! However, I have just joined the gym at work and did feel a bit embarrassed this week doing my gentle workout at the same time as a couple of much younger colleagues who were really pushing it hard... :sigh:

Take care xx

Back