• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

7 days post op

TheDodge79

Well hello again

I had my bypass last Saturday and have been great on the pureed diet up until now. I am having a really bad few hours. All I want is noodles (from the Chinese). I know I cant h:cry:ave these now but when has anyone else had them post op? Just sat watching my fiance and family eat and talk about normal food is killing me. Thanks everyone. xxx:cry:

I went with friends to a Chinese buffet 10 days post op and had nothing!!

I'm not sure the first time I had them but it honestly does get better x

I have had a Chinese takeaway 8 weeks post op.....I managed about 4 spoonfuls and some noodles....my dad had to finish it for me! You will get there and the time will fly by. I know how hard it is when all you want is what you can't have, but it will be so worth it! Keep going, it won't be long! Xxx

Hello. Am 4 weeks post op and had some home made stir fry noodles today. I managed it really well by chewing it up very finely. I thought we were allowed noodles on the soft food/mashed diet?

Im 3 weeks post op and started on soft a week early but coping well with pasta and rice so had a Chinese tonight had noodles and rice and a tiny bit of curry and I've been totally fine but everyone is different.

OMG cazmic I am stunned that you are able to eat that 3 weeks post op. I thought I was overdoing things on pureed scrambled eggs and weetabix rofl

Paddyp - pleeeeeze don't remind me of scrambled egg a tad too soon! Heaved three times in the cafe after just three tiny scraps on the end of a fork. Got stuck and didn't shift for seven hours. Now know I should have downed half a can of diet coke which would have sorted it (provider's bariatric support nurse's advice). Grim day that was. Retching just thinking about it now :-(

Paddyp - pleeeeeze don't remind me of scrambled egg a tad too soon! Heaved three times in the cafe after just three tiny scraps on the end of a fork. Got stuck and didn't shift for seven hours. Now know I should have downed half a can of diet coke which would have sorted it (provider's bariatric support nurse's advice). Grim day that was. Retching just thinking about it now :-(

That does sound horrid indeed. Me i've developed lactose intolerance due to all the milky products had to take during liquid stage. Cant even look at any milk containing product anymore!!!! How are you tolerating fizzy drinks?

Nounouche - Not allowed fizzy pop, just that support nurse said to drink some if you get a blockage as it will come back up with avengence, shifting the blockage in the process. Her advice to me was to keep a can in the fridge at home, and in the one at work in case of an emergency. X

I have a friend who is 8 years post-bypass and he's been able to tolerate swiggy pop for a good few years. I can't imagine my life without DC but as I don't fancy it right now there is no struggle.

I can eat soft things as long as I chew well but haven't tried any meat apart from mince and I haven't tried bread yet had a tiny bit of wrap and it hurt abit so not going to try that again for a few weeks but managing well it's trial and error at this point x

Nounouche - Not allowed fizzy pop, just that support nurse said to drink some if you get a blockage as it will come back up with avengence, shifting the blockage in the process. Her advice to me was to keep a can in the fridge at home, and in the one at work in case of an emergency. X

I have a friend who is 8 years post-bypass and he's been able to tolerate swiggy pop for a good few years. I can't imagine my life without DC but as I don't fancy it right now there is no struggle.

Ohh ok. I did think that this is not supposed to be tolerated lol. Was curious to know how it goes for you. Haven't had the courage to try any of that. How is everything else for you? Food wise, and especially the whole drinking part? I can only sip most of the time and this can leave me with a dry throat.

I can eat soft things as long as I chew well but haven't tried any meat apart from mince and I haven't tried bread yet had a tiny bit of wrap and it hurt abit so not going to try that again for a few weeks but managing well it's trial and error at this point x

I accidentally had some chicken yesterday and that hurt soooo bad!!!! I got really scared that my pouch would just explode. Its so hard to know what is soft enough as well. What's your diet like at the moment? Any regular foods? X

It's soft enough if you can Smush it with the back of a fork. Liquids through a straw.

I'm just following my providers recommendations and will be on puree for the rest of this week, then pureed with more meat and texture for two weeks, then mashed food for one week then normal food.

I'm not deviating from this one bit. It's a short period of time and if I can't get through this I'll struggle forever. I would be just toooooooooo embarrassed to have to face my provider and admit that I damaged my pouch in any way. Sx

Im eating a lot of pasta and rice with mince or tuna like spaghetti Bolognese and chilli or tuna pasta I had half a jacket with tuna today without the skin im also having mince,mash and veg or soup im going to make a quiche to try I think x

Im eating a lot of pasta and rice with mince or tuna like spaghetti Bolognese and chilli or tuna pasta I had half a jacket with tuna today without the skin im also having mince,mash and veg or soup im going to make a quiche to try I think x

That sounds nice. I have rice and vegetables with tuna or blended meat/chicken etc. I dont really attempt bread, and havent had pasta yet. I did have some home made noodle stir fry with prawns actually, now i remember it! :)

Back