• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10 days post op and starving!!!

Flumpyflower

Hi, I'm 10 days post op bypass and I'm starting to feel hungry?? Is this normal? Now that the post op pain has subsided I feel really empty and no different to before, feel like I could easily gulp down a pint of water without any side effects, this "full " feeling just hasn't happened yet, starting to wonder if it's not worked

I have a sleeve so don't know if its different for bypassers but I still get hungry.

What are you managing, are you still on liquids? if so you will definitely feel fuller when you move onto sloppy food, then more so when you are back to solids.

You might feel like you could down a pint of water but please don't lol, it might not end well.

I'm sure its worked and that everything is ok but of you're really worried, get back in touch with your team x

I still feel hungry now and then but if I actually tried to down a pint of water or eat too much it will come back up and be very unpleasant :(
Just earlier I was really thirsty and took a slightly bigger gulp than usual and man that HURT! Head hunger isn't fixed by WLS which I'm sure you know but it doesn't mean the reality doesn't catch you by surprise. Stick to the portions suggested by your team, it will pass and get a bit easier to handle (most of the time) :)

Thank you so much for your replies, I feel better now, think I just need to persevere with the frequent sips , it's such a big change, the reality is hitting me now xx

Yep like the others have said you will get the full feeling later - I felt hungry until I was on normal food - you are not necessarily getting enough from purée or soft so you still feel hungry. I still get hungry feelings now but not like before the op - I can easily not eat and forget - it is important not to though, I get light headed if I don't eat regularly.

Back