• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

7 weeks out and need advice

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hiya

Im 7 weeks out on a sleeve, same as bypass, but just enquiring am I eating enough, I get so full quickly, this is my daily allowance

Breakfast - 4 tablespoons readybreak
Lunch - Slice of ham
Tea - 4 table spoons cottage pie or 2 chicken drumsticks
have a yoghurt or custard later

Is this okay, don't make meals as no point as cant touch alot, I know that's why had op but just wondered if was okay.

Hi bex, have you seen your consultant and dietician again yet, I saw mine on Tuesday and feel much better about things

Make sure your diet is varied, I was not eating anything really except meat and wotsits as they were easiest thing to go down

I was advices to try ryvita and cream cheese or pâté

Also yesterday I had quorn mince it's easier to tolerate for me, and with some well done rice, had some blended up pepper and onions with that's too

I think you should blend your food again as I have and it's helped, a follow up is needed with your team IMO.

Try the crackers and cheese it's yum yum

I can't help as I had the bypass, but Bexx if you're unsure give the dietitian a call and talk it through. They will put your mind at rest. I used to measure my food carefully right out to two years post op and when it was gone I was done and I never ate to restriction.

And my dietician said make three small meals a day

Porridge about three table spoons for breakie

Mid morning snack yoghurt or tinned fruit in juice

Then meat fish or lentils etc with veg and potatoes or rice

Also said make sure you add sauce with the meat as it helped it slide down easier

Baby bells as well Mmmm

Peanut butter etc etc. yum yum :p

Listen to your own dietitian Bexx they all have slightly different views and yours will know your history. Mine agreed that three meals a day was not going to work for me. I couldn't eat enough food at three sittings to give me the calorie intake I needed. So I split my meals into six or even seven smaller meals spread evenly throughout the day.

Not only did this ensure that I wasn't getting hungry between three main meals, it also fired my metabolism up and meant there was less risk of over stretching the pouch by eating larger meals over a period of time. It helped me to avoid the crap snacks that some succumb to just because they are hungry. I never snacked I ate six planned largely healthy meals. It worked for me under the guidance of my nutritionist, but might not be right for you so speak to your NUT and get their advice hun x

Hi was supposed to have my appointment yesterday but due to the strike its in 2 weeks, will speak to them then, thanks guys x

Bex u make me sound greedy, i eat loads! Well i think i do! look at what i have

Breakfast- half bowl oats so simple

lunch- scarmbled egg, beans or half jacket potatoe with beans and lowfat cheese or boiled egg salad, tuna with slice of toast! I also have these with a small pot of yogurt or peice of fruit!

dinner- Chicken thigh with veg or spaghetti bolognese saucer full, practically any low fat meal with minimal oil and a fruit or yogurt for dessert!

I been thinking my portion of a saucer full is too much, I had gastric bypass as you know, and i have just heard so many different food intakes!

Hi was supposed to have my appointment yesterday but due to the strike its in 2 weeks, will speak to them then, thanks guys x

That sucks bex, I would phone up the dietician two weeks at this stage is to long IMO

it doesn't seem enough to me Bexx, nothing near what I have on my sheet and I had a bypass. Have you tried using a calorie counter on line? xxx

Yeah hun get to about 700 cals a day if am looking, dont feel ill or nothing but just cant eat alot. The other morning as a treat i wanted sausage and poached egg, i manged the egg and half a sausage. Tea was tiny bit of chicken and later i had 2 cheese melt crackers with cheese. Will phone them tomorrow and see what they say x

BEXS99 said:
Yeah hun get to about 700 cals a day if am looking, dont feel ill or nothing but just cant eat alot. The other morning as a treat i wanted sausage and poached egg, i manged the egg and half a sausage. Tea was tiny bit of chicken and later i had 2 cheese melt crackers with cheese. Will phone them tomorrow and see what they say x

Calorie wise that sounds more than me but quantity wise not. I think your calories are only up cos you are having cheese and a bit sausage (ooh er missus lol).

I thought I was eating too much considering I'm only day 11 when comparing to what you have after a few weeks :(

Do you find that you can still only sip water?? I have noticed I can swallow a slightly bigger mouthful now without it sticking. Maybe your stomach is smaller. The different hospitals vary in lots of ways maybe this is one of them. Do you know anyone from your neck of the woods also post op sleeve to compare with?!?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Mind I don't think it's anything to worry about. Just trying to put your mind at ease xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hi bex,i had my 8week check and weigh in yesterday ,and to be honest im eating about the same as you and the hospital suggested i do what karlos done ,add 2 more small meals in between,,,,only a baby bell or some protien , so i wouldnt worry love , just talk to them when you go,,,,i was worried i wasnt eatin enough too,,,,,but all my tests were ok ,so hopefully yours will be too xxxx hope your feeling ok , x

Back