• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

9 stone lost and about half way there

Neen

WLS Moderator
I decided to take stock of how I'm doing and here's a pic of me at hospital before my Op was done and one from this morning.
I am just over half way (big for a bander at the start) and as you can see I am still chunky round the legs etc but hopefully will make a bit more of a dent in the wodge this year.
Now I'm off to hide again!
mebeforenhalfway.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks very much ! I don't feel like I have done very well at times considering when I had my op, I often feel like loss was postponed for a year. I am short so I still (in my mind) look like I haven't even started yet but I can see a difference in my face (shame about the butt!)
Also I could not get a tape measure round my hips before...I think they were about 66"..that was a pretty low point. However, I guess we all have to start somewhere and plug away.
Thanks a lot Dobi , Maz and Hannah for stopping by xxxx Hugs x

wow you're looking great! Well done so far!

Aww just want to say you look amazing, and have come such a long way, I can see such a difference!! I know it's hard work but you are doing so well, keep it up xxxx

Thank you Jan! My weight loss has been very slow by most standards on here and I often feel like a bit of a failure when I compare with how fast some people are shedding the pounds, however, I will keep plugging away as I feel a lot more normal looking now and definately have better mobility etc.Thanks hun xxx hugs xx

You look lovely , the weight loss really shows.

You are doing SO well, you really CAN see the difference.
One more thing...arent you pretty! You really are a gorgeous looking woman, I dont know how acceptable it is for me to say that but its true, you really are a gorgeous girly.
Anyway, keep it up, Im keeping you in my thoughts for a resolution to your current eating/drinking issues.
Take care xx
Steph xx

Thank you Katastrophe ! I think it's good to have that photo evidence as I felt like I hadn't lost anything much..I guess I am a smaller dumpling now!
And thankyou Steph! You are doing amazing and look so much younger and glam already! I can imagine you'll be getting to goal in no time:) Big hugs from me and thankyou so much for the lovely words!
You cheered me up heaps everyone as I was fed up this morning filling in my sons DLA form and trying to (unsuccessfully) drink a whole cup of coffee...yuck...roll on friday!

Neen, you look flipping marvellous, you looked gorgeous pre op as well as now... I'm sure the smile is the only thing that seems to be growing :) Keep the faith girl, i hope they sort out your eating problems real soon xx

You look fabulous Neen, and dare I say it, but you look "normal". I dont know about you, but I wanted surgery to make me look "normal". Not special, or thin, just normal.... I think you are there girl. Well done.

Thank you Julie and Sam! I feel (or I will after Friday!!!) tons better and I can exercise which is fab as I used to love dancing in younger skinny days!
Being normal is one of my main goals...physically I hope it's possible ! (Not so sure It'll ever happen mentally !)
I am only 5'2" so at almost in a size 18 I still feel a bit porky...However , to not feel like everyone is staring at me due to my size is something I would give anything to feel. I have been a hermit for years so I would dearly love to get over the aggorophobia and be a normal person, normal mum etc x Thanks Ladies x

looking good Neen :flirt2:....you're doing just great as living with a band is so damned hard (well I think so!)

well done x

Back