• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

dilemma !!

belbouteloup

Hi everyone.
Hope you are all well. Firstly wanted to thank you for your support after my bypass was cancelled, supposed to have been on tuesday, but now they have confirmed i will be having it done on Nov 25th:cry:. Gutted to say the least, anyway my little girl was poorly on that day and would have hated to have left her,even though she is fine now, but my little lad has now got it, never rains eh ....:rolleyes:
Anyway my dilemma is that i was obviously on my pre diet op and have lost a stone bringing me to just over 14 stone, i dont want to go back to normal eating as i feel so much better in myself, but i`m scared that if i lose to much weight, they will tell me i dont need my op, and i know that if i dont have it, i will only put the weight back on at some point and more, like i usually do. Really dont know what to do, just feel like crying, Nov 25th is so far away, plus i`ve got the in laws from hell :eek:staying for the week end. Also i`m petrified they will cancel my op again in November.
Sorry to sound like such a whinge bag, but no one understands like you lovely people xxxx

Morning hun I dont really know what to say just yet as not been up long and not had enough tea but I wanted you to know your not alone. I think every cloud does have a silver lining imagine if you had had the op when you should of and then you kids are poorly so that was a blessing in disguise. Your doing so well on the pre op diet could you not maybe adjust it a bit so your eating more (after all how sustainable is a pre op diet??) which will help you maybe to maintain so your not undoing all your good work. Hope this helps a bit....xx

Thanks charlegirl, yup that seems a good idea,been doing slimfast for breaky and lunch and fish or meat with loads of green veg for dinner and it`s pouring off, might add a couple of familly bars of diary milk to my regime and see how i get on hee hee....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi bell,

My suggestion would be to try to find a middle point. One thing I found helped loads was to really try to listen to my tummy pre-op, in between the initial consultation and the op itself. I would stop as soon as I started to feel full, instead of carrying on till I'd finished my plate, and I worked to stop eating in the evenings (knitting instead lol).

I found that post op, those two new found 'skills' where invaluable. I lost 5lbs in that time (about 2 months) so it wasn't anything that was going to make me lose a large amount of weight, but equally I didn't gain any either.

I ate as i normally did, so we had pizza, and KFC lol, and chocolate :)

HTH,

Shel

Hiya dee

To be honest i started off wanting the band, but changed to bypass after careful consideration an advice from my surgeon. my weight has fluctuated from between 13 and 17 stone for the past 12 years, i can lose but always put it on again plus more.i am so unhappy and have so many issues regarding my weight,that this is the last step for me. i know iwould have been tempted to cheat with the band like i always do. i have 2 very young kids and dont go swimming etc.. cos of how i feel... i dont want to be like this anymore and have diabetes and heart disease running through both sides of my familly. i just feel the bypass is the right thing for me, as drastic as it sounds, in my heart i know it`s right . xxxxxxxxxxxx

Bellsie, i was the same as you started off with the band in mind but after speaking to the surgeon and discussing my eating habits and health issues decided the bypass was right for me. You know what you need to make you feel better about yourself and improve your health and any WLS is a hell of a decision to make. Good luck on your journey xx

Back