• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have a bit of a dilemma UPDATED

slimmerkay

UPDATED FURTHER DOWN

My op is scheduled for 10th September.

We are also in the process of moving house. We should have moved next week but there has been a delay and the move is now looking to clash with my op date or at least only be 3-4 days after op.

I'm thinking of delaying my op two weeks so we can get the move out of the way.

What do you all think?

Last edited:
If you can then do, last thing you need is trying to movethings when you arent in very good condition, but speak to the surgeons office at least first as they might not be able to re-schedule it like that, my OH had to re arrangea hospital app and it was 2 months later they could fit him in next... So be sure about it first!

I agree if you can have it just 2 weeks later thats fine but if it means waiting months over again I'd live in a pig sty for a few week it will all wait till you up to it, or you can sit on sofa and give out your orders.

LOL Have decided to do just that - sit on the sofa and give out commands. Hubby has assured me he, our eldest boy and his nephews will do all the work and I can just direct them.

Sounds like the best possible solution to me!

I agree I wouldnt want to tempt fate especailly with all the cut backs going on.

Just make sure you dont do anything, remember you will have the rest of your life to get the house straight...... oh and wow what a new life it will be.

Good luck.:)

i would be tempted to go for the op and direct the proceedings with the house from the settee. I put my op off last year and regretted it so I would get the op done and worry about the house later. Have you told everyone you are having it done? If so people may be up for helping and it is surprising how soon you feel better - not for any heavy lifting or anything but you will still be up for giving out the orders!
Good luck and take things easy because you have two very stressful things going on there so be kind to yourself and your family
Lots of good wishes to you all
Jo XX

Thank you everyone.

I've told everyone I'm having the bypass done (well all family and close friends) but there is only really hubby, our eldest and 2 nephews that can do all the heavy lifting. We'll cope :D

New house, new slimmer you!!! Lucky girl ;)

Hope everything goes well. Good luck & make sure you keep us updated with ur progress.

It's all settled now. There were a few delays on the house move anyway but now sorted. Op is 10th Sept. We get keys to new house 23rd Sept. And we have to be out of old house 30th Sept.

So we can move in slowly and the beginning of the move wont be until 13 days post op :D Will still direct from the sofa though lol.

I moved house 2 days before giving birth to my son & it was great directing everything.... only thing was I didn't know where anything was in the kitchen cupboards!!

LOL Ditzee. I moved house 12 years ago when Kieran was 10 days old. And half my kitchen stuff got left in the old house :eek: I sent hubby back with tail between his legs to ask the new owners for our stuff :D

Karen, it looks like the delay has worked out well in your favour!

2 weeks can make all the difference! Still no lifting though! I can hardly bend down still!

We 'lost' my sewing kit (it was a relly well stocked one) in our last move. It's never been found! :(

Karen, it looks like the delay has worked out well in your favour!

2 weeks can make all the difference! Still no lifting though! I can hardly bend down still!

We 'lost' my sewing kit (it was a relly well stocked one) in our last move. It's never been found! :(

OMG Charis that's weird because that happened to me when we moved from Preston to Padiham. And my sewing box was well stocked too. Searched for weeks and give up and bought a new one. My god did it cost a fortune to replace everything :(

Back