• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A bit of advice...

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hi folks
Pretty much a year on from my surgery and I was thinking about things that I wish I had known back then and I did come up with one thing that I hadnt been prepared for.
Right, I was rather shocked to discover that post-op I had really thick, nasty tasting/smelling saliva! And I mean for literally two months post-op!!
When I say thick I mean THICK!!! I had to carry around packs and packs of tissues to spit it out into (as delicately as I could) and I never had room in my pouch for fluids or much food because it was so full of this saliva.
I did ask a few WLS friends and only one other said they had had the same thing.
I expected to have some oral issues for maybe a few weeks post op, like a furry tongue etc but didnt expect it to be so intense for so long.
I never heard about it before the op and noone else has talked about it since the op.
Dont be afraid, the fact that so few people talk about it must mean that its quite rare, but be aware that it IS possible, its not very nice but it WILL stop eventually.
Steph xx

omg..............

Ive never had the sick but this saliva was constant night and day and I had a feeling on the back of my tongue like as if I had swallowed a hair or something. Both things stopped suddenly and neither would put me off doing it again.
Dont worry Kelly, chances are you wont get this stuff, dont stress yourself.
Steph xx

haha thanks steph, its good to know tho x

I have this too. Not as bad as you describe Stephie but it's there and stops me drinking as much as i should. It's particularly bad in the mornings. I had something similar when pregnant though. I put it down to ketosis. its yack.

Back