• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A bit Shocked...

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
I went for my 2 weekly weigh in this afternoon to my GP surgery, and for the first time since my surgery, I have actually gained weight, by 1 pound. a fortnight ago I was 16 stone exactly (Target weight), and today I weighed 16.1.
I know I have nothing to be down about, as I know how well I have done, and it had to happen at some point. I will probably lose that 1 pound over the next few days.
My diet has not changed, and I get more than enough exercise. The nurse told me its actually a good thing, as my body is probably now comfortable around 16 stone for my height and bone density. she said I may put a couple of pounds on one week and lose it the next, which is perfectly normal she said.
it was still a bit of a shock non the less.
On the plus side though, my blood pressure was 132/70, a perfectly healthy BP. :):):)

Thanks for listening. :D

Those sneaky little 1lbs! Good to hear that yr body is settlng into its groove tho!

You could tell yr mate you've put some weight on just for him! ;)

I can weigh myself on the same scales and gain between 1 and 2 lbs depending on which part of the bathroom floor I place them.

If I am down I always make sure I take the lesser reading...... LOL

I can still see why you are shocked though.:rolleyes:

least you now know it is possable!- i blame the scales me though!
congratulations on your bp - youve done really well xxx

Hi Kim,

I wouldn't get hooked on that reading, it is so variable... and I was weighed at my GP's surgery in the morning on the same day that I went to Mr Ammori's clinic and weighed 6lbs heavier at the weightloss clinic... work that one out!

You are doing brilliantly, that amount of weight is neither here nor there and just keep going love, it will happen you have the bypass in place to work with so good luck to you precious... love and hugs xxx

I can imagine how shocked you would feel, but like the nurse says, it maybe is your body settling to it's natural weight now. You have done amazingly though. Big congratulations on the uber healthy BP too.

Hey Kim at least you have the right attitude in dealing with it. Don't know about men, but women can vary a few pounds in weight for no apparent reason.

You have done brilliant to achieve your target weight so I would snub that little pound and it'll trot off :D

next time take your shoes off when being weighed lol...
seriously...well done Kim...but it could have been an extra layer of clothing that could explain the 1lb....or are you weighed naked?????? lol....just a thought hun xx

as my GP told me, 1lb can just be a good poo......
(sorry to lower the tone!)

Don't worry mate. I've just put 6lbs on in 3 days (Night shifts) and lost 5lb through just yesterday!
Never thought of that mate,I'm currently doing 12 hour night shifts? :(

I went for my 2 weekly weigh in this afternoon to my GP surgery, and for the first time since my surgery, I have actually gained weight, by 1 pound. a fortnight ago I was 16 stone exactly (Target weight), and today I weighed 16.1.
I know I have nothing to be down about, as I know how well I have done, and it had to happen at some point. I will probably lose that 1 pound over the next few days.
My diet has not changed, and I get more than enough exercise. The nurse told me its actually a good thing, as my body is probably now comfortable around 16 stone for my height and bone density. she said I may put a couple of pounds on one week and lose it the next, which is perfectly normal she said.
it was still a bit of a shock non the less.
On the plus side though, my blood pressure was 132/70, a perfectly healthy BP. :):):)

Thanks for listening. :D
Ahhh just been weighed again this week, and I have lost 6 pounds. I now weigh 15 stone 9 pounds, so it's all good. :D:D:):)

Back