• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A little worried..>>>

claire-anna

Hey... My BMI is 36.. I have had the wrap agreed as issues with knees back and weight distribution, plus other things, Few years back I did a vlcd (cambridge) it made me super unwell but I lost 12lbs in a week and I was lighter then! I'm also one of those people who pull massive losses in their 1st week of sw or ww.. It all piled on of course.. But my concern is that it happens again and my bmi will shoot down = no surgery. This is my nightmare.. I must stop worrying!!! I have even been thinking of binge eating for a month before pre op which is rediculous.... Has anybody else felt like this, or do I need to stop being a tit??? X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

farzu

Hi claire,
Dont worry. If the doctors have already agreed and as you have other health problems, ur surgery wont get cancelled. I also had the same thought few months ago but keeping ur weight low will help the surgeon to do their job easy and safely. My surgery is on the 23rd and BMI is 37. I was the tiny one on the pre op assesment. So dont worry and skip the thought of binge eating coz gaining the weight is very easy but loosing is too hard. XX

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
It goes on your referral weight. I was also worried as my BMI is below 40. My op is 30th March. My surgeon said lose as much as possible as it makes his job easier :)

So good luck :D

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Losing weight will make the surgery easier and your recovery speedier.

As you are a private patient and the operation has already got the go ahead, I'm pretty sure they wont back out. They will want their money after all! ;)

Good luck x

claire-anna

Mazza said:
Losing weight will make the surgery easier and your recovery speedier.

As you are a private patient and the operation has already got the go ahead, I'm pretty sure they wont back out. They will want their money after all! ;)

Good luck x

All is ok I been told not to worry :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery