• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scared little Vamp saying Hi

Vamp

Hello everyone.... I've only just found this forum today and I've been having a look around, and you all seem like a friendly bunch with lots of information. So I decided to join up and start learning fast...

I'm at as you would say, the beginning of my potential journey. I say potential as WLS really scares me. Having said that so does staying put in the body that I have. I've done the "diets" WW & SW but never really connected with the plans enough. I feel like I just can't do this alone and I don't know what to do. I'm at a weight now that my body can't do stuff anymore. I can't walk without pain, I can't even have a bath now (I shower) as I can't get in or out without lots of discomfort on my body (that's ignoring how much the water rises!), etc etc. I have a child aged 11 that starts secondary school in September and I don't wanna be the thing they get made fun of for.

There are so many reasons I need to change (it breaks my heart) but I just can't seem to do it alone. I can't afford a personal trainer and I know WLS or not, that things have to change. I just don't know what route to go down and this is what I am currently looking at as my GP wants me to do this. I've made no promises other than I'd consider it. I am being honest here and I know I'm beating myself up daily for not being able to just loose the weight on my own with good diet and exercise. I know after a surgery I can commit to weird eating for a while as I had 13 teeth removed 2 years ago in one go. I also stopped smoking to be able to have this surgery (I was on 30 a day since I was 16).

It seems that after having my child all I have done is gain weight. I'm not looking for the easy way out as I know this is far from. It also scares me a lot. I thought I'd never get to this point where I'd have to ask for help. But, I need to be alive for my child and healthier would be a massive bonus. My body is giving way under the strain. How I am not diabetic is beyond me or how my cholesterol is not high. I have so many questions from big ones for me to little silly ones, so to stop rambling, I thought I'd better sign up and do my research.

I'm sorry I've waffled on and probably made no sense at all as I'm a bit emotional at the moment to be honest thinking about everything. So I'll shut up now and just simply say "hi".

Hello everyone.... I've only just found this forum today and I've been having a look around, and you all seem like a friendly bunch with lots of information. So I decided to join up and start learning fast...

I'm at as you would say, the beginning of my potential journey. I say potential as WLS really scares me. Having said that so does staying put in the body that I have. I've done the "diets" WW & SW but never really connected with the plans enough. I feel like I just can't do this alone and I don't know what to do. I'm at a weight now that my body can't do stuff anymore. I can't walk without pain, I can't even have a bath now (I shower) as I can't get in or out without lots of discomfort on my body (that's ignoring how much the water rises!), etc etc. I have a child aged 11 that starts secondary school in September and I don't wanna be the thing they get made fun of for.

There are so many reasons I need to change (it breaks my heart) but I just can't seem to do it alone. I can't afford a personal trainer and I know WLS or not, that things have to change. I just don't know what route to go down and this is what I am currently looking at as my GP wants me to do this. I've made no promises other than I'd consider it. I am being honest here and I know I'm beating myself up daily for not being able to just loose the weight on my own with good diet and exercise. I know after a surgery I can commit to weird eating for a while as I had 13 teeth removed 2 years ago in one go. I also stopped smoking to be able to have this surgery (I was on 30 a day since I was 16).

It seems that after having my child all I have done is gain weight. I'm not looking for the easy way out as I know this is far from. It also scares me a lot. I thought I'd never get to this point where I'd have to ask for help. But, I need to be alive for my child and healthier would be a massive bonus. My body is giving way under the strain. How I am not diabetic is beyond me or how my cholesterol is not high. I have so many questions from big ones for me to little silly ones, so to stop rambling, I thought I'd better sign up and do my research.

I'm sorry I've waffled on and probably made no sense at all as I'm a bit emotional at the moment to be honest thinking about everything. So I'll shut up now and just simply say "hi".

HI!! welcome, we are a friendly bunch and we are happy to offer as much support, advice and tips as possible, we may not always agree with what each other says (not personal experience) just trying to say we all try to help.
Well done on giving up smoking, I wish I could say the same

WLS is definitely not the easy option so you’ve made a great start by acknowledging that and it is scary, for me I wasn’t scared of the surgery but I was scared about food mourning, so far I’ve been fine, I’m only 11 weeks out of surgery and I’m sure I’ll struggle with mourning some foods at some point but it’s such a fantastic tool I hope I don’t cave in when that happens.
so yes a tool it is and it’s up to us to work with our tool, but if you wasn’t worried you wouldn’t be normal. For me weight loss is a (huge and pleasant) added bonus to getting healthier, I had diabetes and was so scared I was going to lose my arms, legs or eyesight. Your more than welcome to read my diary and there are many many fantastic journeys to follow on here, do lots of research so you know exactly what is expected of you afterwards because they are big changes, research which procedure you would like, look into the good/bad of them all.

We have all been where you are, all the diets and slimming clubs, we have mostly all succeeded too but the hardest part has always been maintaining that loss, this tool helps with that IF we work with it.

You obviously want to do this for both your health and your future with your child which is fantastic, if you decide to go ahead with surgery, embrace it, but expect lows and highs and probably a long wait too (mine was 22 months from first appointment at Luton and Dunstable until surgery) be prepared to commit 100%, there will be many hoops to jump through but your learn so much along the way especially if you use that time to research.
You have nothing to lose by getting the ball rolling (in my opinion) as if you do feel it’s not for you you can pull out.
Please don’t worry about rambling, we all do it
I wish you luck and it would be lovely if you could keep in touch. Xx

Hi and welcome. Bling above here and I met through this forum. We both had surgery at Luton and it is the best thing we have ever done. My children grew up with a dangerously overweight and unfit mother so I don’t want to be in the same position with my grandchildren. You are so brave to let your feelings out here and I can totally identify with everything you are feeling. Good luck to you and we are all here to help. Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on xxxx

Hi and welcome This forum is amazing you will get lots of support and and help here. Keep posting and reading some of the diaries are so motivational. Xx

Hi & welcome
I would agree with Bling in that you can start the process and backout at anytime. It is such a long journey the sooner you start the better & no harm done if you decide to not have the operation.
There are some really inspirational people on here (bling, Maria & slimkim to name some of many) so read as many diaries as possible. YouTube is good as well. I really like the fat doctors as it gives you real life people going through the process.
The more informed you are the better.
I also like to make lists of questions to take with me to appointments. It gives me a forcus and gets me information (as well as making me look keen to learn & develop my understanding)
Be looking out for your updates good luck!

Thanks for the welcomes and advice. I am now watching Fat Doctor and have started to read one of the diaries on here. I have to say I've spent most of my time watching Fat Doctor... crying... relating to the words being said and some. I had not realised how much its getting me down. I've started a list of questions for my GP (he is a good doc). Mainly at the moment I think I'm tormenting myself with thoughts like *why can't I just stick to a diet like SW* *why can't I just push through the pain of exercise* *What if I wake up after a surgery thinking... what have I done*... it goes on and on in my head at the moment. But having said that I am determined to make an informed decision whatever the outcome. Again thanks for the welcomes, it's much appreciated.

Thanks for the welcomes and advice. I am now watching Fat Doctor and have started to read one of the diaries on here. I have to say I've spent most of my time watching Fat Doctor... crying... relating to the words being said and some. I had not realised how much its getting me down. I've started a list of questions for my GP (he is a good doc). Mainly at the moment I think I'm tormenting myself with thoughts like *why can't I just stick to a diet like SW* *why can't I just push through the pain of exercise* *What if I wake up after a surgery thinking... what have I done*... it goes on and on in my head at the moment. But having said that I am determined to make an informed decision whatever the outcome. Again thanks for the welcomes, it's much appreciated.
If you want real inspiration there is a guy called Carlos who wrote loads and took no prisoners with his advice. It is under tough love I believe. Sadly he developed pancreatic cancer and passed away but he was totally inspirational to read xx

Back