• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling worried on pre op

Hi guys. Feeling crap and on a real low today and questioning everything. I'm getting Banded on the 16th Oct at Dolan Park and started my pre op diet a week ago today. I was doing ok on the shakes but the last few days we've had a family emergency and I've just felt so stressed. So today I'm on my own (which never happens) and I ended up having a big binge.

I'm now terrified if 1 week is enough to shrink my liver? I'm thinking will I ever change? My hubby has paid 4 this op and he would be so let down if he knew. I just need to stop this emotional eating. if I don't sort my crap out then I'll never get to where I wanna be. Band or no band.

I found an open evening for today for a talk about wls (and to advertise their services) so I've invited myself along to that as it'll be great to learn more and also see gastric bands patients and hear about their journey.

I was so excited when first booked but I'm also feeling like it's not going to happen or that I'll just never lose my weight. Major negativity and I need to snap out of this and get on with! Sorry to be a stupid moaner. I'm so lucky to gave this amazing opportunity. Feel free to have a go as I need it!

Xxx

Jacwat

Hi

This is why we are all here on this site because we have issues with food and hence the weight. Dont be hard on yourself but also dont ruin your chances. Start again and just put the binge behind you! Good luck !

los in it

the best thing you could ever do is to recognise what you have done and to also know why you did it ....and move on everyone on here at some point had a pre op wobble and dusted themselves off and started on the pre op LSD
good luck don't long to go now

top_kat

the band will not stop or take away emotional eating, so if it is an issue for you look to get extra support, therapy and counselling, maybe even CBT. You should contact your provider to check that they will be happy to proceed if you've not stuck to your ore-op diet as it is there for very good reason, but also ask them for help and support to make sure this is the right time for your surgery

Banderbird

It's vital to stick to the pre-op, I think you need to 'fess up to your team. The last thing you'd want is to wake up after going into surgery with no band because your liver hasn't shrunk enough. You might be OK, but you need to know.

See what they advise, and be honest with them.

Good luck and let us know.

Crystalrainbow

Unfortunately life is always going to be throwing us crap times :( and having the band is not going to stop emotional eating, as Kat says you need to try and get that sorted via counseling or cbt. I am too am and emotional eater with a band, and have had to change my headset .........reprogram myself almost lol i booked in for talk therapy to run along side when i had my band fitted via my gp surgery........ i have to say, i really didn't realise my weight and past and present issues were all tied together so tightly. Loosing the weight its like shedding layers of an onion and all my issues were there in between waiting to be exposed...... so its been an emotion ride for sure :) and should any additional issues crop up, its finding new ways to cope with them without hitting the cupboards ....................which in itself isn't easy, its facing your fears head on. But hey here i am still safe and well, and losing weight :) so it can be done. As everyone has said you need to move forward from this, draw a line under it and get back on your LSD ..... have a good long serious think and see where you go from here. I think for sure you need some help with this, try your gp see if there are any counseling sessions available. Also ask your team for help......thats what they are there for......... and please please tell them about your little slip up, they really need to know. The LSD is there for a reason, and is to ensure the up most safety during you op. As Bander says, you would be devastated if you wake up to find they couldn't put it in because your liver was too Big.
Sending huge hugs, be gentle with yourself, this is a huge step to take...... the stress alone is enough to set us back, but ultimately, make sure your ready for this x x x x xx

I am sure this is why 'they' want you to do the Tier 3 programme, as this gives you time to get your head around eating problems. It has certainly helped me,
I am not saying I am cured yet, but I have definitely changed with regards to controlling my cravings, and being able to get straight back onto the programme if you vere off it.

As the others have said, put the binge behind you and get straight back onto the LSD and remember why you are doing this.

Good luck.

Pamala

kurstywursty

I had to one weeks pre op diet. Get back on to it and stick with it strictly. Put your binge behind you. I had a binge last night. 6 liquorice allsorts jand a handful of nuts and raisins. The guilt is still the same post band just the amounts of food are minimal now

I had seven years with an eating disorder team too. But everyone has a crutch at times even well adjusted folks. Which I actually consider my self to be this weather

Good luck xx

cover girl

Hi, I'm also being banded on the 16th at Glasgow Nuffield. Been on post op diet for just over a week now, not liquid though, low fat/carb version. I sympathise with you, I think I would have struggled more if on shakes.

Good luck to you on your journey and we can catch up on the 17th