• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Which way to go?

ellie2409

Hi there,

Im not sure whether i would qualify for funding so i wanted to ask what you guys thought before i go to my doctor and got laughed at :( I live in newton le willows, st helens not sure whom i would come under.

I have had tried multiple way of trying to lose weight, from ww to vlcd to lipotrim and xenicol, i have had personal trainers in the past also but i currently in too much pain to do much excercise.

I have a bmi of 39.1 and dont have diabetes or anything but i have major issues with my joints. My back is swollen from the strain, my hips are killing me and my knees buckle from the weight. We have just bought a house so it would take me a long time to save up enough to pay for surgery so i was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts of what my chances are of getting funding? thank you

Hi Helen. My BMI was 43 and although I fit the BMI criteria I did not have any significant comorbidities such as diabetes, sleep apnoea, erc. My GP said I fit the BMI criteria but would have to go on a GP supervised weight loss programme, erc, etc and it would take circa 1 year to referral and a further 1 year to 18 months after that. I decided I couldn't wait as it was not guaranteed so self funded, but appreciate this is not an option for everyone. Also all PCTs are different, yours may view interventions such as this with a higher priority than mine for example so worth a shot. Good luck. Tracey xxx

Back