• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie, I have my consultation for surgery next week. Extremely nervous...

Alex1983

Hello all,

I have just completed Tier 3 at Spire in Southampton and I have a consultation booked this coming Thursday with Mr Byrne at the Spire Hospital.
I don't have much info about what the consultation will entail - can anyone give me a heads up? I hate going in unsure. II have searched the forums, but I am very new to all this and have myself in a pickle...
They have told me that the appointment will last a couple of hours - does this mean it's like a pre-op assessment? How soon is it likely that I'll have surgery soon?

Forgive my ramblings, I am a touch anxious, :)

Thanks

Alex
x

Sarnie

Hello all,

I have just completed Tier 3 at Spire in Southampton and I have a consultation booked this coming Thursday with Mr Byrne at the Spire Hospital.
I don't have much info about what the consultation will entail - can anyone give me a heads up? I hate going in unsure. II have searched the forums, but I am very new to all this and have myself in a pickle...
They have told me that the appointment will last a couple of hours - does this mean it's like a pre-op assessment? How soon is it likely that I'll have surgery soon?

Thanks

Alex
x
Sorry I can't help you as each hospital has it's own way of doing things and time limits, there really is no set pattern. I went to Luton hospital and even though others I know went to Luton, they had a different experience to me. It's unlikely to be a pre op, you only get that once you have a date for surgery. You could phone them up and ask for more details.

Maria61

Hello all,

Thanks

Alex
x
Welcome and good luck. I too had surgery at Luton on the NHS so it was different to your situation. Xx

Parsnip

As the ladies have said, it's so different even within the same hospital that I wouldn't want to guess at a different hospital. I would however suggest calling them to ask what to expect if it will ease your anxiety. Good luck and keep us informed xx

Bling Babe

I agree, give them a call...welcome and good luck x

Alex1983

Sorry I can't help you as each hospital has it's own way of doing things and time limits, there really is no set pattern. I went to Luton hospital and even though others I know went to Luton, they had a different experience to me. It's unlikely to be a pre op, you only get that once you have a date for surgery. You could phone them up and ask for more details.

I will do that. Thanks so much!

Alex1983

As the ladies have said, it's so different even within the same hospital that I wouldn't want to guess at a different hospital. I would however suggest calling them to ask what to expect if it will ease your anxiety. Good luck and keep us informed xx

I will definitely let you know what happens. I have also been asked to take part in a By Sleeve research programme, which I think is when they use your records for a study. Interesting stuff. x

Bling Babe

I will definitely let you know what happens. I have also been asked to take part in a By Sleeve research programme, which I think is when they use your records for a study. Interesting stuff. x
Oh that sounds interesting, looking forward to finding out a little more about it xx