• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A pleasant but surprising side effect of my wls

phatmomma

Before i had my bypass i used to get up every night to go for a wee! Too much information i'm guessing you're all saying :) Well apart from the second night of my operation when i got up to go i haven't woken once since my op in the night for a pee.... Not quite sure how this is happening as i'm drinking more, although i do try and avoid tea later at night...

Am so glad for this though, i hated getting out of my warm bed to go........

Anyone else had the same thing? x

I'm pre-op but if this happens to me, I'll be over the moon 'cos I get up during the night all the time. In my case its even more annoying 'cos one of the downsides of living in a large terrace house is that my bathroom is downstairs!!! Ha, ha

i'm pre op but i've got my fingers crossed that this happens to me!!

:sick0019:OMG how funny, i was just sittin here talkin about how much i pee, (i seriously need to get out more) Is that somethin to do with being overwieght and it pressing on your bladder??

I suffer with water retention but I feel like I really, really need a wee but when I go to the loo its just a trickle. It sometimes feels like I need to constantly empty my bladder which means I sometimes have several trips to the loo during the night.....

I'm peeing less and I'm guessing that, like me, your diabetes is more under control now - meaning your body isn't trying to force out the sugar through going to the toilet. Its probably to do with that.

sleep apnoea makes you get up to the loo several times a night. Don't know if this has anything to do with anything though! OOOPs!

i was gonna say maybe its because there s less weight pressing on the bladder! bonus hey, can only be a good thing xx

I used to be up 2 or 3 times for a pee during the night but not any more!!

Before i had my bypass i used to get up every night to go for a wee! Too much information i'm guessing you're all saying :) Well apart from the second night of my operation when i got up to go i haven't woken once since my op in the night for a pee.... Not quite sure how this is happening as i'm drinking more, although i do try and avoid tea later at night...

Am so glad for this though, i hated getting out of my warm bed to go........

Anyone else had the same thing? x

Same here no more getting up in the night for the toilet run (Ok waddle)
I have also discovered that I don't need to look for a loo when we are out and about. Usually when I go to a car boot sale I stop at my moms on the way back (she is 5 mins from our fav boot sale) and have to rush to the loo.
Not anymore went to the car boot yesterday at 7.30am and walked into mom's after, sat down had a cuppa and went to the toilet just before we left hers at about 12.30.:D

gosh its amazing hey the benfits of wls dont think we'll truley realise till it happens x ;)

Oh good grief I am soooooo sick of getting up in the night to pee. It started (as per usual) with my last pregnancy but this time it didn't stop when I had the little one.

I only get up once usually but I would just so love to sleep 8 hours and not move - luxury lol

o gosh 8 hrs sleep! what is that?? haha ive a 1 yr old and he's still up through the night., let alone having to get up and do wee's x

I'm the same as Julie - I no longer get up 3/4 times a night. I just hated getting up to wee 30 minutes before my alarm was set to go off!

I experienced the exact same time. For the first four to five months I never got out of bed during the night for a wee. Occasionally I get out now but not every night.

At first I thought it was because I was drinking as much as I did pre op but I am drinking more now and still not getting out much. I was just taking this for granted until you mentioned it. I am certainly not complaining.

Back