• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A question about protein shakes...

RoseA

I just made my first protein shake. It was smooth chocolate flavour, one of 6 sample packs of Impact Whey Protein I bought from Myprotein.co.uk . Tasted quite nice actually, but was very thin. The packet (25g) said to make it up with 150-250ml of water or milk and I made it up with 250ml water. It didn't froth up at all as it was so thin. It would be much better made with milk...is that OK at this stage ? Can I use semi-skimmed or should I use skimmed ?

Hi Rose,
I have those shakes too and have made them up with semi skimmed milk from the beginning. I was surprised at how nice they are and they give a good hit of protein. I ordered a sample of each flavour but raspberry and vanilla were my favourites.
How are you feeling? x

Hi Leanne - I'm feeling fine, thanks ! Hubby has taken special leave to be home with me today, which is lovely.

I was surprised how good the flavour of the shake was actually,and am looking forward to trying out the others before ordering some more. How much SS milk do you use ? I'm thinking 250ml won't be much thicker than the water ?

Hi Rose i have the choc/mint one from that site and have them every day, i only use a half measure which is what u have 25 grms and i make it with either 100mls of ss milk or 70grms water and a handful of ice cubes, when i made it in my blender did not like the consistency but i got a smoothie maker and now it comes out thick and creamy much better than a normal blender, u r def using 2 much water for that amount, that would be for the 50grms which is 36gmrs protein which is 2 much for a woman to have in one meal, hence just having one scoop which is the 25grms u have in the sample packs. You can also add some fruit to it like a half of a banana it makes a yummy shake, hope that helps u xx

I add 250 ml of milk to mine Rose x

Roch, on the 25g packs it says to add 150-250 ml of milk or water.
I find the consistency fine with 250ml milk.
And the packet has 19.6 g of protein then of course the protein from the milk too. x

Hi Rose i have the choc/mint one from that site and have them every day, i only use a half measure which is what u have 25 grms and i make it with either 100mls of ss milk or 70grms water and a handful of ice cubes, when i made it in my blender did not like the consistency but i got a smoothie maker and now it comes out thick and creamy much better than a normal blender, u r def using 2 much water for that amount, that would be for the 50grms which is 36gmrs protein which is 2 much for a woman to have in one meal, hence just having one scoop which is the 25grms u have in the sample packs. You can also add some fruit to it like a half of a banana it makes a yummy shake, hope that helps u xx

Hi Roch - that helps huuugely - thanks ! :) When I say I used a blender, I don't mean a liquidiser but one of those hand jobs (.... ooops ! :eek: what HAVE I just said ? :8855:) I do have a proper smoothie maker too - I'll try using that and see what it does.

Roch, on the 25g packs it says to add 150-250 ml of milk or water.
I find the consistency fine with 250ml milk.
And the packet has 19.6 g of protein then of course the protein from the milk too. x

I find that amount makes it 2 thin texture wise, when i just add 100mls and a few ice cubes it is so tasty and remind me of a naughty macdonals milk shake lol xx

I can't wait till my next one now LOL! I'm now thinking I can add banana to the choc-nut, or strawberries to the vanilla.... if ony I could add chocolate to the raspberry one though !! :8855:

Lol just experiment it takes a few goes to get the right texture and taste u like xx

I have those too and add 250ml of SS milk which ups my protein intake. I also sometimes add coffee or a light cappucino to it with some ice to make a frappuccino lol.... ( Actually i do that most days as i find them a bit sweet now ) x

I have those too and add 250ml of SS milk which ups my protein intake. I also sometimes add coffee or a light cappucino to it with some ice to make a frappuccino lol.... ( Actually i do that most days as i find them a bit sweet now ) x

Ooh, coffee shakes ! What a great idea, thanks :D

Back