• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yummy High Protein shakes

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
hi all

so i have tried slim fast which isnt too high in protein but scrumm
sculptress one in holland and barret....yuck! plus made me itchy!
weight to go choc.... nicest high protein one. made it with skimmed milk.

slim fast is yummiest but weight to go is 125kcal with water so about 150kcal with skimmed milk. not bad as is filling and good for u.

what protein shakes do u recommend

BSN lean dessert shakes are my faves

bsn dessert | eBay UK

I mix them with milk for a really creamy treat but they are fine with just water. I make them with the ice and blender like I do with my slimfasts and it's the same kind of result.

My absolute fave thing at the moment is choc bsn shake made with milk and a spoon of cocoa and a spoon of nas peanut butter. Heaven ! But for everyday I make it with water

u can add peanut butter to shakes? oooooooooooo.....sounds scrumm but doesnt that send calories up really high (not on atkins!)

BSN lean dessert shakes are my faves

bsn dessert | eBay UK

I mix them with milk for a really creamy treat but they are fine with just water. I make them with the ice and blender like I do with my slimfasts and it's the same kind of result.

My absolute fave thing at the moment is choc bsn shake made with milk and a spoon of cocoa and a spoon of nas peanut butter. Heaven ! But for everyday I make it with water
WOW...choc and coconut, thats sounds great, thanks for the link.
Btw, I tried to do an icey slimfast yesterday. I got rid of my liquidizer so I tried using my hand held blender. Big mistake....it fell into bits! lol
xxx

Magic, as long as you measure the peanut butter (say a tablespoon NAS) and add the amount to your cals then it's being controlled and recorded. I find it satisfies for longer as it's really tasty, so even if the shake is more cals , you won't be needing those extra cals from snacks later on.

Ohh Lol Karen!! Yeah mine is a kenwood food processor one and it's a trojan! It's been a lifesaver for me as adding the ice makes any shake mix much more palatable.

As I am Atkins'ing it I will just add a spoon of desicated coconut to my choc fudge one.
I usually get plainish flavours like the whipped vanilla (can add coffee powder, raspberry sugar free syrup, sugar free crusha etc to vary it) and choc fudge which I zazz up with peanut butter(nas), coconut , calorie free caramel sauce etc

Different surgery Mable, and also different surgeons have different preferences for what they advise. We don't the same internal arrangement so we have no malabsorbtion issues.
If protein shakes are filling and you like them and they help you stick to your plan, I think why not?

I have them for convenience in the mornings and find they fill me up for hours so I don't need to snack. Obviously with a band we still have hunger to contend with x

Hi Neen, Thank you for information, I thought it maybe down to surgery ype. I'm keen on shakes and can work very well with incorporaqting them into my diet on a whole. Im soo soo weary of the wait to have my surgery, its pretty much all I think about these days apart from the obvious!!! Your such an inspirtation, a real figure head, \i really prefer looking in and taking advise from member posts than attending meetings. Ive only ever been to one, at Heartlands and it was for me, i have a little social anxiety. Your a lovely, genuine person, Thanks again

I think it's personal preference and finding what suits you best whatever op.
From being on here a long time , I've seen a lot of bypassers do actually use protein shakes / supplements to enhance their intake and do well and seem to know what they're doing! As our meals just pass through the pouch and settle in the lower stomach still in tact, having things go through too quick to absorb nutrients doesn't apply to us.
Mable, I think if you find shakes work well for you then do them. We have to make this sustainable for the long term. If something helps you do that and it's good for you then go for it xxx
I like them because I don't do well personally on sugars, cereals and bread etc and I have plenty of veg and meat/fish for my other meals in the day so It's a nice quick breakfast for me when I have busy mornings to get through x

Last edited:
Yes thats my preferred meal choice, breakfast, as its quick easy and satisfying, I'm very good in the day as I work part time and only like fruit for brunch, then im onto my main job of mum!! Im giving thought to how my diet will work with the family but know surgery will be a positive for all of us as my children are 16, 5,3 and soon to be born. My eldest has weight issues but is ignorant to it, however the younger two are just regularat the moment and i just want to be around for them and do all the regular stuff with them, swimming , bike and walks.

You will Mable xxx This is going to be good for you as a Mum and as a person too! Just because we have kids, doesn't mean our hopes for ourselves have to be over x Hopefully, getting slim and self confident and feeling good will have a positive effect on everything from family life to getting you out of your shell more socially x

Magic, as long as you measure the peanut butter (say a tablespoon NAS) and add the amount to your cals then it's being controlled and recorded. I find it satisfies for longer as it's really tasty, so even if the shake is more cals , you won't be needing those extra cals from snacks later on.

Ohh Lol Karen!! Yeah mine is a kenwood food processor one and it's a trojan! It's been a lifesaver for me as adding the ice makes any shake mix much more palatable.

As I am Atkins'ing it I will just add a spoon of desicated coconut to my choc fudge one.
I usually get plainish flavours like the whipped vanilla (can add coffee powder, raspberry sugar free syrup, sugar free crusha etc to vary it) and choc fudge which I zazz up with peanut butter(nas), coconut , calorie free caramel sauce etc
Mmmm you are making me hungry! xx

I like the myprotein whey powders. When I am on the liquid stage or not up to doing anything in the mornings I have a shake for breakfast. They do samples so you can try before you commit yourself to a big purchase.

tranquil x

I will have to watch for constipation as that seems to be a new thing I have developed with the band:rolleyes:.

On the shakes I tried the strawberry, vanilla and the banana samples and they were all lovely. I bought a huge bag of the banana not realising how big it was and I am still using it. Proved to be good value.

tranquil x

If I eat carbs I get the opposite problem so hopefully this will normalise me a bit!
I got some colon cleanse too which is flavoured phyllsium husks...orange one is not bad actually and OK for Low carb diets
I will have to try the myprotein stuff, I love BSN but it can get pricey if you use it all the time.
The vanilla one is lovely though, you can see it's all speckled with real vanilla seed.

Back