• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A question for the ladies

Annie21

I've been given my surgery date 27th Nov, I'm very nervous but just keep trying to think happy thoughts. One big thing I'm stressing about is im due to be in the middle of my period and I'm concerned about it adding extra stress to an already uncomfortable situation. I've been told surgery will be around 5 hours. Has anybody else been in this situation does it need to be stressful or am I overthinking it.

Try not to worry about it, just let the nurses know and they'll make sure you have a pad on during the op.

Don't worry about it, I was too and they gave me a pad to put on the disposable knickers! Trust me that after the op you won't be focussed on it at all. Make sure you tell the nurses.

I've been given my surgery date 27th Nov, I'm very nervous but just keep trying to think happy thoughts. One big thing I'm stressing about is im due to be in the middle of my period and I'm concerned about it adding extra stress to an already uncomfortable situation. I've been told surgery will be around 5 hours. Has anybody else been in this situation does it need to be stressful or am I overthinking it.
What surgery are you having? I had a bypass and I remember going to sleep about 11 and next thing it was 2.3o and I was already in recovery, so not 5 hours long xxx good luck xx

I'm having my gallbladder out and if that's not in to much of a bad state a bypass then if both of those go ok there going to fix a hernia aswell while in there, I'm keeping my fingers so crossed that my gallbladder isn't to bad so I can get it over and done with in one surgury x

I hadn’t had a period in years but I actually came on my period a few days before my operation, I think it was stress/anxiety related and also because I had already dropped a significant amount of weight. I wore hospital paper knickers for the op and a big ole pad and it was fine. Don’t get me wrong, it is annoying that it’s one more thing to worry about but don’t let it bother you! My operation was really quick, around 2 hours I think x

Back