• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A strange set of emotions whizzing around in my head

JayBee1972

Pre-op I don't think I ever actually identified that there was a difference between hunger and cravings. Now though? I can't eat much at all and, whilst I am getting very fed up of soups, I am very happy with that.

What I am finding very odd though, is that I have all kinds of cravings whizzing around in my head. It's BBQ season and that's a killer but also ads for roasts and other delectable eats.

I am sure things will change somewhat over time as I am perhaps able to satisfy some of these cravings with a moderate meal but never really separated the two emotions before.

Shocked at the amount of weight I have lost so far but pretty sure alot of it is water. My feet were like balloons for a week but now look like they don't belong to my body. Very odd emotions at the moment...

i usually crave sweet things but when I went on the lighter life diet I could have followed someone down the street sniffing at them if they were eating a sausage roll.

What type of soups are you having? Can you try some meatier ones. Maybe the smell will help with the cravings.

Yeah I am not being too adventurous with my soups which is annoying me but I am trying to just get my head down and get through this next week and a half I have left.

Mostly been getting by on scotch broth, chicken/mushroom and that's about it. I tried blitzing proper meals but it just tasted awful for me. Yoghurts and smoothies are just about keeping me sane.

A damn chest infection I am trying to get over seems to have put my back a few days though. Getting trapped wind pain around my diaphragm.

Back