• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A very important announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's certainly a disturbing story - but can only be conjecture. The people named have been banned with immediate effect and are therefore unable to speak for themselves. Where is the evidence of sabotage ? Can anyone point to any posts from those named which are indicative of sabotage ? There have always been and always will be other forums and there is nothing to stop anyone participating on more than one, or leaving and joining another. The fact there is traffic between the two only suggests members are active on both.

Rose, I dont think Pierce has used the word sabotage. He has simply stated the facts as we know them. He has not made any accusations, he has merely pointed out the timeline of events so that our members can see why we have had to make the decisions that we have made.

Believe me, this was not done lightly. It is very rare for a member to be banned from this site, so to ban so many in one go was a very tough decision.

Ok, where is the evidence of manipulation from the persons named ? It saddens me that we are only being presented with one version of the truth, if that's what it is. Facts are also not the same as evidence.

I am a member of a number of forums - most of them non wls ones. I have always understood that when you participate in a forum it is like being a guest in someone's house.

I have always felt there are a number of unwritten ground rules. One of which is that you don't solicit members of one forum for another forum. Another is that when you sign up to a forum, you agree to abide by the rules of the forum owners, whether or not you agree with them. Another is that it is not a democracy where all people get an equal vote and all decisions have to be explained. I applaud the fact that an explanation has been given but I don't feel I have a right to one.

I ran a forum for six months once and it was the most thankless task I have ever undertaken. Everyone with an opposing view wanted threads deleted and people banned. I take my hat of to Mini and Pierce and all the moderators who put their own time and effort into running this forum for the benefit of all people who are fighting a weight problem.

Thank you all again for providing and protecting this place for the benefit of all of us fighting a common battle.

Last edited:
Thankyou to the mods for taking this action. I've felt an undercurrant on here and wondered why things had suddenly got so disruptive, with certain people seeming determined to continue the atmosphere by creating new threads referring to it, even though those threads were cleverly disguised as pretending to be supportive, almost to the extent that they were gushing and overly saccharine sweet. I've seen similiar things happen at other forums and come to think of it, they have usually resulted in a new breakaway forum being created and then it all makes sense.
Hopefully we can now move on and forget about it all.

Wow. I don't post on here so much these days, mainly because I'm so busy. I would hate to see anything disrupt this forum, which has been a constant source of support and information during my journey.

Thank you for all your hard work x

kinda gotta agree with rose.... in my experience all i saw from the above members were very helpful and sweet memebers. not once did they say anything about a different forum. they were always there to help.

As long term members i think u r allowed to voice ur concerns when forums are changed... we all do it ...i use a different forum and when the site changes there we end up going mental... its just the way it is..after a while we accept the changes and get on with it...its just the way it is.

Perosnally, i think its a bit harsh and a massive loss. and would like it if mods and admin could pleeeeeeeease give them a second chance. this site is a life line and a massive weight loss tool no other forum can match and im sure they agree. can they not be brought back with a slap on their wrists.

again im a noob so dont know about any bad mouthing of the site etc, so correct me if im wrong in my assumption that they were just merely throwing a paddy as most people do when sites change.

Awwww....it's very sad that it's come to this but totally understand why the mods had to take the decision they did. Thank you for looking after us and providing us with a safe and supportive environment to nurture our weight loss. I really appreciate the time you give up to do this and am sorry you've had to go through this.
Big hugs from Wales!
xxxxxxx

Thankyou to the mods for taking this action. I've felt an undercurrant on here and wondered why things had suddenly got so disruptive, with certain people seeming determined to continue the atmosphere by creating new threads referring to it, even though those threads were cleverly disguised as pretending to be supportive, almost to the extent that they were gushing and overly saccharine sweet.
Hopefully we can now move on and forget about it all.

Good it wasn't just me that thought that then

Unbelievable!

Thanks to the mods for sorting this issue.
Personally, this forum is fantastic and i would be lost without it. I trust pierce and mini to do whatever they need to do to keep us all safe.

I think yet again a situation on this site has been allowed to get out of control. Other than the fact that the people mention were members of this new site I don't see what they did to be banned. I never once saw any of those people saying anything bad about anyone else and only ever making very supportive and caring comments while others who have not been banned were deliberately raising the issue over and over again and making comments about other members. If all this time and energy has been spent looking over what the banned people have said in the past, has the same level of interest been paid to people who haven't been banned? There are others who have said things which have been very harsh to myself and others or have had a very dictatorial 'their opinion is right' attitude but I have chose to ignore them as I like to think that I'm a grown up now. However, this has meant that I have posted less and not visited as much a I would like. In future I will be sure to report any such posts as I feel it is very sad that this issue has been allowed to continue and people who I have only ever known to be caring members have been banned while others who seem to enjoy being childish have been allowed to remain members and spoil it for others. This whole situation saddens me greatly and does little to help any of us. I am not a member of any other forum - you can check up on me if you like? And I was never solicited to become a member of any either.

I think yet again a situation on this site has been allowed to get out of control. Other than the fact that the people mention were members of this new site I don't see what they did to be banned. I never once saw any of those people saying anything bad about anyone else and only ever making very supportive and caring comments while others who have not been banned were deliberately raising the issue over and over again and making comments about other members. If all this time and energy has been spent looking over what the banned people have said in the past, has the same level of interest been paid to people who haven't been banned? There are others who have said things which have been very harsh to myself and others or have had a very dictatorial 'their opinion is right' attitude but I have chose to ignore them as I like to think that I'm a grown up now. However, this has meant that I have posted less and not visited as much a I would like. In future I will be sure to report any such posts as I feel it is very sad that this issue has been allowed to continue and people who I have only ever known to be caring members have been banned while others who seem to enjoy being childish have been allowed to remain members and spoil it for others. This whole situation saddens me greatly and does little to help any of us. I am not a member of any other forum - you can check up on me if you like? And I was never solicited to become a member of any either.

As has been said before as the site has grown it is impossible for us as mods to read and check every post as it posted - some days when we get in there ove 600 new posts. This is why we ask that any post you feel uncomfortable with or upset by you report or send a pm to a member of admin or moderation team.

If you can tell us exactly what posts you are referring to we can have a look at them and see whats going on. Any decission we make is discussed at length and is no done lightly and we do explore every option open. The members that have been banned have been so for poaching members from here and being extremely disruptive causing ill feeling with long standing members as you can read from the posts above.

Again I will say if you have any concerns or issues with anything please contact one of the team so that we can look into it an sort it out.

I have to disagree Terri, I haven't seen evidence of Bev or Keelie for example deliberately being disruptive or causing ill feeling. In fact, I'd suggest that while all the bad mouthing was going on a few weeks ago, they were only ever saying nice things to others. Maybe I missed something but this all seems very one sided to me and lacking in any evidence. One of the reasons I have not complained is that I appreciate how busy the mods are but it appears that has only resulted in the opinions of those with louder voices being heard so in future I will speak up.

lamornamiss said:
Good it wasn't just me that thought that then

No, me too :)

I'm completely freaked out, scared and feel I've been sucked in! I had my surgery less than twelve hours ago I'm not with it n in serious pain I'll explain all when well

cherry said:
I'm completely freaked out, scared and feel I've been sucked in! I had my surgery less than twelve hours ago I'm not with it n in serious pain I'll explain all when well

Kel, hope you're ok after you're surgery. Congrats on making the Losers Bench.
Probably best to get some rest first, and then read all this later! :D
Take care of yourself hun xXx

Last edited:

Kelly your main concern is getting well, you have nothing to be scared about. We all you send you hugs and fairy dust for a speedy recovery. Take care and start posting again when you feel well. If you have any questions just shout and someone will be along soon to answer x x x

Nothing has changed Cherry, just sit tight, sip, stretch your wind out by reaching out your arms etc whenever you can, take a few steps round the bed when you can, and concentrate on NOTHING other than getting yourself better. We are here when you are ready. Its all good!!
Lynne xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back