• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A very important announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm freaked because I've been lied to that site they said was created days ago I felt badgered to go on there and stay off here, as noone supported me etc, I cannot believe it was created in sep its very worrying and I'm freaked out x

I'm freaked because I've been lied to that site they said was created days ago I felt badgered to go on there and stay off here, as noone supported me etc, I cannot believe it was created in sep its very worrying and I'm freaked out x

Cherry listen to people on here this stress is so bad for your recovery. Please listen to the people that are post op and concern yourself with getting well, once you are well you can think about things with a clear head. You are still full of anaesthetic and nobody should be questioning you about whether you have posted on here or anything else other than how are you feeling or whether you need anything.

All the information will still be there in a few days or a week, please rest and get well before you make any decissions.

Kelly/cherry dont stress!! the mods have this under control. im shocked to hear u were being bullied into joining the other site and leaving this one!! wow...really?? that saddens me....

anyways dont worry about anything like that...wishing u a speedy recovery :)

Kelly ive been trying to contact you but bev seems unwilling to pass on your mobile, how did the op go ? im doing a seminar tomorrow, would you like a visit from me before i do that tomorrow ? been thinking of you and i hope alls went well x x x

Liz x x x

I'm completely freaked out, scared and feel I've been sucked in! I had my surgery less than twelve hours ago I'm not with it n in serious pain I'll explain all when well

Awww..Big Hug, Cherry. Just concentrate on getting better - you've been through a huge thing and don't need the added stress of this.
Looking forward to hearing about your surgery and recovery as soon as you feel well enough.
xx

Hang in there guys it will be fine trust me.

I remember a similar situation I was involved in a couple of years ago. We were members of the original minis and a few of us took our balls home and joined a new site. The site was run by a lovely lady and it was an OK place at first because we all felt like it was our site and we could do what we wanted without interference from the moderators etc.

I was banned from here as a result of some stuff I posted and spent a year away from the best WLS site in the UK. Trust me I missed this place a great deal.

New WLS forums start up all the time and most will fail within a few short months as the newness wears off and people who can drift back to their home forums such as this one. The people who have given the staff here no choice but to ban them will regret it, as did I and Liz and one or two others who were stupid enough to give admin no choice but to exclude us way back when.

My only fear is that some may have been lead into leaving here by mistake and now have no way back and that will be sad for them trust me, I know it will.

It's funny how you think you know someone. I thought Bev was my friend, we were friends on facebook and I always enjoyed her posts and the support she gave here. I even sent her a PM asking her not to leave because the people need her here. My reward for showing concern was that she has deleted me as a friend on facebook. Go figure I guess you never really know anyone in the end :break_diet:

Kelly trust me this is a fabulous place and you will continue to be loved and get the support that you need from the membership here, as will all who might be a little unsettled by this. This will pass and we can put this behind us, those that have left under a shadow will have to live with it for much longer. Good luck to them I hope they are all OK

Last edited:
Kelly so glad you are on the road to recovery and there us plenty of room on the losers bench, dont stress about what's going on here you health and recovery is much more important at the minute.
I wish you a speedy and pain free recovery xx

Hang in there guys it will be fine trust me.

I remember a similar situation I was involved in a couple of years ago. We were members of the original minis and a few of us took our balls home and joined a new site. The site was run by a lovely lady and it was an OK place at first because we all felt like it was our site and we could do what we wanted without interference from the moderators etc.

I was banned from here as a result of some stuff I posted and spent a year away from the best WLS site in the UK. Trust me I missed this place a great deal.

New WLS forums start up all the time and most will fail within a few short months as the newness wears off and people who can drift back to their home forums such as this one. The people who have given the staff here no choice but to ban them will regret it, as did I and Liz and one or two others who were stupid enough to give admin no choice but to exclude us way back when.

thanks for mentioning this Karl, i wanted too but didnt know how to word it, i was one of the stupid ones that was lead astray way back then and im certainly not proud of it or all the upset that was caused by it, but in life sometimes we have to learn the hard way before we can see whats best in the long term.

I personally am glad my ban was lifted which i fully deserved back then and im now rightfully back on the correct forum which is here, and its also a extra branch of support for my support group members too and it helps me keep things in order here with events dates being announced ect.

My only fear is that some may have been lead into leaving here by mistake and now have no way back and that will be sad for them trust me, I know it will.

It's funny how you think you know someone. I thought Bev was my friend, we were friends on facebook and I always enjoyed her posts and the support she gave here. I even sent her a PM asking her not to leave because the people need her here. My reward for showing concern was that she has deleted me as a friend on facebook. Go figure I guess you never really know anyone in the end :break_diet:

i also have been deleted from Bev's facebook i also thought she was my friend,i even asked on a thread if id upset her and she replied NO. I just dont get people sometimes.

Kelly trust me this is a fabulous place and you will continue to be loved and get the support that you need from the membership here, as will all who might be a little unsettled by this. This will pass and we can put this behind us, those that have left under a shadow will have to live with it for much longer. Good luck to them I hope they are all OK

thanks for this post, i hope people can learn from our mistakes in the past, thankfully recent events ive not been involved with nor do i want to be, some times people can take my opinions on here to be bolchy or abrupt but i dont mean to come across that way, im just me and i want to just get on with supporting people in the best way i can and move forward with that.

:) thanks for reading........ Liz x

I can only echo what others have said I am so glad this has been dealt with calmly and quietly.
It just drives home again that we don't infact really know anyone, To be honest it shocked me more so to see Bevs name on that list as she always came across as genuine...... It makes you wonder for sure, we are sharing our personal thoughts and feelings in this forum... And I'm sorry to say but it makes you wonder whether any if these people have actually had surgery! It makes you think alsorts :-( xxx

I've ben popping back to see if you've had your surgery (Cherry) am pleased for you that it's gone ahead. Kate

hope not piratess....but i defo gt where u r coming from.

I'm in agony and distressed as they can't get blood so there trying my artery I could scream im in bad pain can't get my wind up etc I'm beginning to wonder if I've done right thing x

Kelly can i come and see you tomorrow ? im sorry to hear that your not feeling too good x

I think everyone feels like this immediately after their operation. It's such a major thing we are doing and although we research it and chat about it and talk to everyone, it's just not the same as experiencing it.

You will get through this and come out the other side and start to heal. Hope the hospital can give you some help with the pain relief soon.

I'm so sorry Kelly xxx
Hope that your pain relief is sorted as soon as possible.
You have done a great thing for yourself, I know it doesn't feel like that at the moment when you are suffering so much.
It will get better as the days progress and I'm sure you will soon be feeling much more positive and excited about the pounds disappearing.
They will be!
For now just try and rest up and we'll be willing your pain away and looking forward to following your journey xxx

I remember the time that Liz and Karlos are talking about and am so glad they were allowed back home here, having learnt from the experience and realising that we are on the best forum around.

We recovered and the site became stronger and better than before.

This isn't the first time and it won't be the last that people try to spoil it for others so lets move forward and rebuild a stronger and better family.

Luvs you guys

p.s. there are some people I won't miss being banned from the site thank goodness they were weeded out before they could ruin the site beyond repair

:( I hate all this stuff. Hated it last time, hated the bad stuff a couple of years ago, and hate this now. It's one reason why I don't have many site members on my facebook, only ones I've met and genuinely like.

Last time I took a lot of flak and was targeted in a couple of member to member attacks a few years back and it really shook me. I love this forum and each time something like this happens it makes me pull away a little bit more.

I have a lot of respect for the admins and mods, I said years ago catagorically that I would never want to moderate here as the level that some people sink to is disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I have always had lots of support on this forum and I can see no reason why other forums cannot be joined alongside this one. I am a member of several weight loss forums and see no conflict with this.

I have always had nothing but loving support from just about everyone that has been banned, and I would just like to reiterate as was said earlier that only one side of the story is being put forward here and people should maybe realise that.

Kelly I feel your pain they can rarely get blood out of me either it took them 5 goes to get the canular in!! You have dine the right thing and it will get easier as the hours and days pass, xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back