• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A word of advise

mrs df

Hi all,

Just a wee word of advice to all of you who have gone down the private route for your WLS.
When asked for advise about your providers including price and aftercare etc, try to stay objective with facts only.
Reasons are there have been situations on this forum where subscribers have used their membership to get custom for their providers and these situations have been moderated and rightly so. However, I do believe that some posts have been moderated/deleted when the member has just genuinely been giving advise from the heart.
I am not accusing anyone directly because I love this site and have had exactly the kind of help and advise I was seeking and needing for my WLS journey but I think we all need to be aware that our posts could be misconstrued as marketing for a private company.
I know I posted only 2 days ago I reply to a request for advise about who to go with. I quoted my provider, said how wonderful my surgeon was and how great I thought the value for money and aftercare was. In retrospect this could have been seen as a direct "big up" for them though my intentions were only to give open and honest advise but it has come to light after a similar situation happened recently.
It's such a shame that the wrongful use of this site by some has stopped us giving some really sound advise to some people genuinely seeking the best way forward both for safety and financial,reasons but it happens!!!

Big apologies if I have either posted this on the wrong thread or have stepped over the mark but I feel it needs to be addressed one way or another.
If the moderators wish to delete and maybe restart another post on this subject then I totally understand.

Best wishes
Sarah

Back